Clench-marks in my saddle...

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Holey Moley - serious error of judgement this morning. Despite frost on grass and frozen cars, I figured it would be fine the take the road bike (V) this morning. What was I thinking? On at least 3 occasions, the bike was squirming beneath me in the dead-ahead position. I was gripping hard - and not with only my hands! It's a lovely morning up here but bloody cold compared with recently
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    The bike's OK right? Please tell me the bike's OK!!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • meanredspider
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    The bike's OK right? Please tell me the bike's OK!!

Bike's fine. Bike's fine. Rider's a muppet but the bike is OK.

Only goes to show that my guideline of riding Spikers when there's ice on the car is correct... :roll: :oops: :D
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Phew! Be careful, you must not damage the bike. Or yourself, I suppose.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Phew! Be careful, you must not damage the bike. Or yourself, I suppose.
    No need for the little addendum. It's all about the bike. I hope he doesn't hurt himself, I'd feel bad.
  • meanredspider
    Believe me, if I'm going over, I'll be doing my best to protect the bike. After all, there's plenty of me about - not many of these bikes... :wink:
  • meanredspider
    ....though it's very flattering how much you DON'T care :roll: :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    A friend of mine fell off his new motorbike on some ice. As the bike was his pride and joy he tried to save it, but wound up under the (very heavy) bike. Some blokes in the pub on the corner heard him and came out to help, but they were a bit worse for wear. Every time they tried to lift the bike off him there feet would slip on the ice and they'd drop the bike on him again. He described it as being hammered into the tarmac by a motorbike.
    He eventually managed to wriggle himself out from under it and move it without the help of drunk blokes.
    At least the Volagi is nice and light.
  • A great big +1 from me. The gritters seemed to have been caught out this morning, coast road was slippery as hell. I should have taken the Day One with the Marathon Wankers on, but I decided on the Equilibrium. Wasn't fun at all.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    A great big +1 from me. The gritters seemed to have been caught out this morning, coast road was slippery as hell. I should have taken the Day One with the Marathon Wankers on, but I decided on the Equilibrium. Wasn't fun at all.

Deliberate? 'cos I've heard it chafes after a while.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Had a "clench marks" moment this morning too. Riding up inside traffic on the approach to Albert Bridge a scooter decided to cut in-front of a stationary car, just in front of me. Fortunately I managed to brake in time, just missing him. Queue much shouty-sweary language and profuse apologies from him. Clench marks indeed!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.