Cheap track frame

kilo
kilo Posts: 174
edited August 2012 in Track
Anybody had any experience of these;

http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=1421

Looking to get a cheap frame and try racing this summer, needs to be track legal for Newport and drilled on front, also considering the Dolan Precursa which is advertised for £299 and the Tifosi CK 10 which is about £200 without fork, any other reccomendations?

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    The Precursa is available for £199 direct from Dolan.

The others you are looking at will be fine starter bikes. A lot of them will be generic or similar spec frames at that price point but I'd go for the Dolan - I'm a great fan of Dolan track frames - I've got a DF3 and a Track Champ.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • liquor box
    liquor box Posts: 184
    what about the cheap frames from china on ebay? I am looking to build a bike and want to do it cheap as more of a hobby piece than a serious track bike. Down the road I am looking at trying track and it would be nice to have a beginner bike.

Anyone tried one?
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    go straight to dolan website and get a precursa, I did and am very happy with it - use mine for commuting but would happily trackify it if I wanted to

according to LFGSS the visp frames on ebay are passable but the steel forks aren't much cop so you'd end up spending money on bits to go with it, so would be false economy when you consider that Dolan send you a good frame, good fork, high quality headset and a decent seatpost and collar for the 200quid
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • I'm interested in what spec you need to have a decent track bike! What are the rules regarding the types of wheels used, the type of frame etc where can you find the information? I'm wanting to give track cycling a try but also want to build a single speed to train on over the winter on rollers.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Also if you don't want a black frame... I know a great painter who is going to do my bikes. He is just starting out in business. I will post pictures soon of the mountain bike he is going to do for me
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Just checked the Dolan link and it's coming up at £99 now in case anyone's interested.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    dw300 wrote:
    Just checked the Dolan link and it's coming up at £99 now in case anyone's interested.

Thats just the frame,

frameset with headset, seatpost and fork is £200