Hope pro 2 pawls ??

Sam J
Sam J Posts: 35
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
After some time wondering why my hope pro 2 hub was loads quieter than all the other ive heard, i finally decided to take it apart and have a look . From what i can tell all 3 of the pawls are broken but my bike still seems to work, so no major drama i guess. The thing which is confusing me, is that i've looked at various online shops and they all sell pawls for pro2's in packs of 4 and the springs aren't the same as in my hub (normal coily type springs), they're leaf springs. It's got me wondering whether my hubs are even pro2's , although it does say they are on the hub shell, or maybe the free hub is from an older Hope hub, possibly the XC ?? :?

Any ideas please guys as i could do with getting some new pawls but i'm not sure what to get . :?:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pics?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Sam J
    Give me a minute, i will try and get some done.
  • Sam J
    Forget that. I just had a better look at the hub shell and it says XC. It clearly says pro2 on the front, i just assumed the rear was matching. Whoops :oops: . The pawls are fine too, they just looked broken in comparison to the pro2 pawls. I really should use my head a bit more before posting on here. :idea: