Flat bars on a cyclocross

Expat Guern
Expat Guern Posts: 17
edited March 2012 in Commuting general
I own a Tricross and want to put replace the drops with straight handlebars. Can anyone recommend what I should use?

Thanks

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    brakes and gears will be the issue.

or rather brake levers MTB be that V or disk have a different cable pull to road brakes.

so you'd be looking to change gear shifters, brake levers and most probably the brakes themselves.

Not cheap realistically i'd look for a MTB/Hybrid myself.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Also some drop bars have a 22mm clamp which would mean a new stem or hunting hi and low for an older bar.

Plenty of road pull flat barred brake levers, just make sure you get the right one!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    I own a Tricross and want to put replace the drops with straight handlebars. Can anyone recommend what I should use?
    What problems do you find with the bars that you have now ?
    Why do you think straight bars would help ?

(These questions should always be the first response to such a request.: What problem is the OP trying to solve?
    The OP may have identified an appropriate solution, but without understanding the underlying problem, we can't tell. This is basic FAE stuff. )

I have asked similar kinds of questions myself. And sometimes been fortunate to get answers that suggested solutions that I had not considered.