Reverb and Bike Discount de

colt
colt Posts: 173
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
I should now be in Llandegla, but due to me chickening out due to the crappy weather I'm doing a bit of mtb shopping instead.

So I,m just about to take the plunge after weeks of indecision and order a reverb from bike discount de, but before I do I've got a couple of questions.

The post doesn't come with a bleed kit so how likely is it I'll need one, and if I do will one of the cheap £15 jobbies off e-bay suffice?

If the worse happens and I start having problems how would I go about warranty repairs, do I need to return to Germany or just post it somewhere within the UK?

Anybody out there had real life experience of these issues?

Thanks in advance and please reply quick I'm getting itchy fingers and need to order soon before I change my mind again!
Trek Fuel EX8 Rootbeer, mmm beer!

Comments

• pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    merlin are doing a 31.6mm reverb for £198 posted, tiny bit more but worth it for the peace of mind. unless of course you need a 30.9mm.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • colt
    Yes I know spotted that this morning, but I'm thinking if it needed a warranty return I'd still have to post it back to them or sram anyhow, so if it is a case of sram sorting the warrantys for bike discount I may as well save the extra 20 odd quid to spend on the bleed kit or more mtb goodies.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Warranty is with the retailer not sram.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Why does the bleed kit matter? Surely they should last like 2 years plus before you'll need that?
  • colt
    Thats why I'm asking, I dont know, am I likely to need the bleed kit?

I'll be fitting it to a small Trek Ex8 so I assume some cutting of the hose may be required, and then it'll need to be bled afterwards?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    colt wrote:
    Thats why I'm asking, I dont know, am I likely to need the bleed kit?

I'll be fitting it to a small Trek Ex8 so I assume some cutting of the hose may be required, and then it'll need to be bled afterwards?

the hose will most definitely need cutting and bleeding, a cheap bleed kit will cost less than you LBS to do it for you and you'll have it for future use if need be.
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    cooldad wrote:
    Warranty is with the retailer not sram.

I understood that any bike shop that deals with Fishers will return a faulty Reverb on your behalf.
  • EdW
    EdW Posts: 103
    I recently bought a Reverb from them, delivery was just as quick as from UK retailers.

I also bought the £15 bleed kit from epicbleedsolutions.com. I haven't used it yet as the post didn't need bleeding after I cut down the hose, but it looks like it would do the job & the instruction seem fairly clear.