Winstanley Bikes?

Bike-Rich
Bike-Rich Posts: 275
edited March 2012 in MTB general
Hi all,

I need a couple of bits and the only place that has them at a reasonable price is a site called Winstanely Bikes, before I order, has anyone used them before? Is it a safe site? They don't seem to take paypal.

Kind regards,

Comments

• Just be aware that their on-line sales side of the business has a bit of a rep similar to J.E James for being a bit on the slow side with sending stuff out.

Great prices on both sties though, just order with that in mind, if you're not in a hurry then great, if you are, then...best of luck.

Hopefully bad experiences won't happen to you though.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews226592.html
  • Bike-Rich
    Thanks for reply,

Not so much the wait I mind, more the safety aspect. I should be ok using card details right?
  • Winstanley bikes are fine you use i bought my kona from them a couple of years ago and several other bits and pieces over the years.
    one by one my penguins will steal your sanity
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'd recommend them. Decent prices, delivery didn't take too long.
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    brought 2 bikes from there in the past no problem, as well as some parts so thumbs up from me !
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    As long as they have the item in stock, they're a good shop... But they're pretty bad for "We'll have it in a week" for week after week. They kept promising people imminent deliveries of some Hope Hoops even when Hope were saying "The rims are on back order, we'll not have any wheels to sell for at least a month", frinstance.

But loads of shops do that to be fair.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • StorckSpeed
    StorckSpeed Posts: 291
    I use them all the time. Especially good for sales items....
    My most recent purchase from them was a Northwave Thermal Jersey which had 50% off, as said before delivery not the fastest, it took about 4 days.
    They are also one of the few stockist of Microshift kit which I really like, easy to align and just works.
    There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    touch and go they a lbs to me so i tend to pop in buy over the counter, if they have the items in stock they usually ok but if they not in stock that when you may encounter problems,, if you get your items at all..

they are cheap, but i would ring them up first to check the items are in stock before you order.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    They had the best price for some bits I bought recently but were out of stock. Much as above, it took quite a while (i.e. longer than the two weeks indicated) to fill the order.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Probably not the first choice for many people but often worth a look. If it's in CRC's sale, Winstanley's will sometimes have it for less but make sure it's actually in stock - their 'usually available in 2-5 days' claim is pure sci-fi it simply means if the distributor has it we could get it in 2-5 days if you place an order

Have bought quite a bit of bmx stuff from them and visited a couple of times, no complaints.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I've bought 2 bikes, set of forks and other bits and all arrived within 3 days, all in stock mind.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I ordered a wheel a while ago that was marked as in stock that turned out not to be, took a month or so to get it IIRC. However I've bought other things from them that turned up really quickly, and they have some very good prices. It's worth giving them a quick ring before placing your order to make sure things really are in stock. Other than that, I've had no problems with them.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rebel_brown
    rebel_brown Posts: 126
    I've used them a fair few times, never had a problem.
  • mar_k
    mar_k Posts: 323
    I brought my cube from them in january, very helpful and had the bike delivered within a week
  • Bike-Rich
    Ok, many thanks guys :)