glove recommendations

stuvy
stuvy Posts: 11
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Im after a new pair of long finger gloves that have a high cuff to them. Iv tried on a few pairs at my local shop so know my size but all the gloves iv tried when you hold the grips the cuffs feel too low on the rear of my palm does anyone know of any long cuffed gloves available?

Comments

• Endura full monty's are comfortable and reasonable, never had the problem with the cuff thing and I have shovels for hands...
    Can't beat Troy Lee XC gloves for general riding IMO and Troy Lee GP gloves for DH usage. ;0)
  • stuvy
    stuvy Posts: 11
    thanks for that mate, i ride motorbikes too and just prefer the longer cuff variants. Il see if anywhere local has the montys as they look like the ones im after.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    try finding some 2010 Sidewinders (fox) they had big neoprene cuffs.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Mechanix gloves not specifically for riding but I have had a pair for years now tough as old boots and pretty near crash proof. Comfy grippy when its wet whats not to like.

http://www.mechanix.com/the-original-glove
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I got a few pairs of planet x gloves a couple of weeks ago - £5 per pair. High cuff, work great - winter only as fleeced lined. Technically for roadies but I had no issues with them on my MTB.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • d00m
    d00m Posts: 160
    Sombrio shinny gloves are £12 on chain reaction. Finding them good in these cool temps, and the cuff is a decent length. Really grippy.