Easton EC70 XC Carbon riser

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Looking at these bars to replace mine on the Kona hei hei 100 and wondering is the 20mm rise the standard type rise as they do a 40mm rise, just wondered what people suggest.

Lee

Comments

• Depends on how you like to ride, depends on whether you are trying to higher / lower the front end etc.

I used to run high riser bars as I had shorter travel forks and wanted a higher front end for comfort and control on the DH's.

I bought longer travel forks when Fox released the 36's and have switched to a virtually flat riser bar (I know that makes little sense) but the Easton Havoc / Haven bars are a much lower rise than the older CNT carbon riser bars.

Higher rise bars will make it more comfortable but less aggressive in terms of speed, lower rise bars will be better on the climbs and feel more 'race' in positioning on the bike.

I would of thought a Hei Hei would be more 'race' orientated but if you aren't racing and want more control DH and all day comfort, go for the 40mm rise.

Not sure if my memory serves me well, but it's the chrome Hei Hei from a few years back, I thought it came with a fairly highish rise Kona Clump bar....
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    It does depend as our Ibis riding friend suggests, however lo-rise is the 'standard' if you consider standard to mean what most people are buying these days.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.