Best iPhone/Android APP

iamcami
iamcami Posts: 93
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
I saw this old thread viewtopic.php?p=16366004

But it's pretty dated now.

I'v been using "Strava" it's ok, kinda basic... It has routes that random people share which is cool but unfortunately not many in my area.

Curious as to what you guys are using now? Motion X, Runkeeper, Endomondo? any others? I'v not tried any others yet but wondering what's most popular here.

Comments

• Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    After using quite a few I'm now using Strava as it gets the elevations right and seems to use more waypoints which is better for the tight twisty stuff, I still like the Endomondo website though so export the GPX file from Strava for each ride and import it into Endomondo.
  • Jamieg285
    Jamieg285 Posts: 98
    I've been using Runtastic on Android for a couple of years and am happy with it. They are regularly updating it and have released cycling specific versions on iPhone and hopefully will follow with Android soon.

I've not really looked at any alternatives, as this does all I want it for.
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Have used MyTracks & Endomondo but now addicted to Strava. Why not make your own segments so others can challenge you in your area?
  • larryb
    larryb Posts: 78
    I use 'imapmyride' and find it pretty good. I used to use 'cyclewatch' which I really rated but then they updated it and it became un reliable.
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    ive got sportstracker on my android and like it, i had it on my nokia before that- think it was a development app at the time its nice
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • Neal_ wrote:
    After using quite a few I'm now using Strava as it gets the elevations right and seems to use more waypoints which is better for the tight twisty stuff, I still like the Endomondo website though so export the GPX file from Strava for each ride and import it into Endomondo.
    This
    Dave
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    I'm a fan of runkeeper though I haven't heard of many other people using it. Does what I want - GPS and map, shows average speed, total distance and time! The activity can be changed to mountain biking or cycling from the main menu, then it finds the GPS signal and you're off.
  • Rob801
    Rob801 Posts: 43
    I've used both Runkeeper and Cyclemeter and like them both although I found my self going back to Cyclemeter more in the end, although I don't remember why other than the fact that it didn't make any sense to have my rides divided between two apps so I had to choose one. They both seem fairly accurate although I don't really have anything to calibrate their accuracy by, I never experienced any crashes or buggy behavior.

Cyclemeter shows a map and separate graphs with speed and elevation data so that may be why I stayed with that app (again, not sure of the accuracy of the elevation at least, but it looks impressive :wink: ).
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    Strava and Endomondo for me. I run them side by side when I'm out.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • iamcami
    iamcami Posts: 93
    Why both at the same time?

I think i'll stick with Strava then. Seems to be popular with you lot.
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    iamcami wrote:
    Why both at the same time?

I think i'll stick with Strava then. Seems to be popular with you lot.

I started running them together last week to see if they gave the same mileage at end of ride. They don't quite, Endomondo always seems to be .5mile or so down on Strava.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • andy_welch
    andy_welch Posts: 1,101
    I use Cyclemeter as a backup to my trusty old Garmin Edge 205 as it seems to be the only one that will show me a satellite image out on the trail, which is crucial as I'm mainly using it when the course that I've programmed into the Garmin hasn't worked out. But maybe I've just not worked out how to use the maps properly on the other apps.

Cheers,

Andy
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Greer_ wrote:
    I'm a fan of runkeeper

+1..

great app. probably the most accurate ive used....
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838