Road shoes.

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
Got approx £200 pounds to spend on some road shoes.

I have been looking a good reviews on the Specialized S-Works or anyone have advice on other makes that would fit the bill?.

Cheers.

Comments

• xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    For that you can pick up some Sidi Ergo Carbon Lite's, love mine.
  • I've just bought a pair of Giro Trans road shoes off Chain Reaction, got £70 off as well which was a bonus. Wore them today for the first time, absolutely excellent. Great fit and very comfortable, pretty lightweight as well.
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    bont
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • I bought some shimano R075 shoes for 70 quid a couple of years ago, cant think of any gains of buying more expensive shoes, they are very stiff + you could pocket the change to spend on something else! :P

I think the R075 have been discontinued, I believe they are now the R076 or R077
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    sub55 wrote:
    bont

Try a pair of Bont
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • ptr_
    ptr_ Posts: 126
    I just bought some Specialized Expert shoes, cost £150 and I'm really liking them so far. I previously had Mavic Avenirs but the fit was too narrow.

The BOA system on Spesh shoes is good, seems to give a really even tension across the shoe.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Try 'em all on! For that cash, you'll want them to be pretty perfect.

I've heard a lot of good things about sidis...
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Whichever ones fit you better is the only answer I can give. I found shimano a little narrow, I have some specialized ones now and bought the blue footbeds and they are very comfy and wider than shimano.

Try a few different makes and models on then choose.
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    I think you should ignore the reviews and go and try some on. I bought some road shoes recently and none of the specialized or the Shimano shoes were a good fit. In the end only the Sidi Ergo 2 shoes with Specialized BG red insoles fitted properly. More than I wanted to spend, but worth it to get a good fit.

IMO, you shouldn't go into the shop with preconceived ideas about what shoe to get, just get the ones that fit.
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    neh. to all above you get the ones that are stylish and colour coordinated to all your other kit. Fit is a secondary consideration .
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly