Bike buying advice

haynja
haynja Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Which bike do I get, a Canyon Nerve XC 5.0 or do I get a Boardman FS Team? My budget allows for either but which is the better choice? From my searching, these are the best bikes for the money but both seem equally capable....

I currently ride an 8 year old Trek Fuel 90 (FSR) which has 100mm of travel; I ride red grade trails and am looking for a bit more travel in my next bike to give me better traction and more control on the downhill sections of the trails.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As the Boardman is widely available, the first thing I would do is visit a Halfords and have a sit on one. See ow it feels. You may/may not be able to straight away disregard it.
  • haynja
    i've been to have a look at my two most local Halfords stores and they don't have any boardmans on site, if i get them to bring one in, would i have to buy it?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I shouldn't think so. If they want to sell them they need stock - I wouldn't buy one without at least sitting on it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • haynja
    Should I consider the Spesh Carve 29 in my decision, or should I just stick to 26in? I have tried a 29er, and I do not know anybody who has one that I could borrow; I'm not sure that just sitting on a 29er would be enough to tell me whether it was right for me....what do you think?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Do you like marmite.......people either 'get' 29er or don't (I've never tried one, but that's from people who have!)

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.