Grips - Odi yeti..your oppinion?

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
im looking for some grips, usual standard size but not thin. I will be riding this type of terrain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5MNV7nYrk

and i currently have superstar grips, they feel a bit thin and today hands were getting sore, Im looking for something soft(ish) with fairly thick rubber cushioning, the grips are only required for a few 100 miles.

recomendations please

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Superstar excels are thicker, maybe try them.
  • tried them, they are not standard size, much longer than the norm, very thick and made with fairly hard rubber. Im looking for something that will soak the bumps up better to stop fatigue

im considering these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... odelID=757

anyone tried them? do they absorb plenty vibration?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    The yetis are a bit tough IMHO. I think the Race Face ODIs are better. Also consider the Intense flanged ones. They are my favourite, although slimmer than the Race Faces.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • I ran Yeti grips from ODI for years (but only as I had a Yeti at the time).... Looking back, I thought the speed grips were too harsh (non lock on) and the Yeti Lock On grips were too hard in the right places and too soft in the wrong places.... Long story short ODI Ruffians or Lizard Skin Peatys are really good. I even have some white ones you can have if you give me your address... They may need cleaning ;0)
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I watched the video - definitely recommend some Intense ODIs, with the flange. Honestly, you will never go back!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    definitely go for ODI troy lee's or the SDG han solo's, both are without doubt imo the best grips currently on the market, expensive, but very much worth it, no other grip has come close to the troy lee's have a set on both bikes, and tried the han solo's t'other day, again, very good, and both come in cool colours too!! 8)
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    Odi X-Trainer are so comfortable and soft and Lizard Skin Chargers - like a really soft mushroom grip. Brilliantly comfortable. But fell apart in a year.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    RF Strafe grips are expensive but off the scale when it comes to being grip-tastic. Try them you will never go back.

Also like ODI X-treme and the Troy Lees. The Yetis remind me of the 90s too much.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    thats one thing I should mention about the troy lee's, they are extremely durable and last forever, I had X-trainers that lasted for about a year, my troy lee's have seen even more frequent use and hardly look used, one set have been used for a year and look brand new, t'others have been for 2 years and also look pretty damn good, other than being brown instead of the white they used to be :lol:
  • supafly1982
    supafly1982 Posts: 631
    awesome guys, cheers for the input :)
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    Recently put ODI troy lees on my Anthem and they are really really nice
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6