R to RP23 compression/rebound swapping

mfereborn
mfereborn Posts: 480
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a zesty with a float r shock, i have bought an equal sized rp23 to swap in but the rebound/compression tune is low for both where as on the zesty rebound is medium

Is there something i can swap between these shocks that will set the rp23 to have low medium from the float R rather than its current low/low

What exactly dictates these settings on a shock?

Cheers

Thom
The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P

Comments

• 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    edited February 2012
    mfereborn wrote:
    I have a zesty with a float r shock, i have bought an equal sized rp23 to swap in but the rebound/compression tune is low for both where as on the zesty rebound is medium

Is there something i can swap between these shocks that will set the rp23 to have low medium from the float R rather than its current low/low

What exactly dictates these settings on a shock?

Cheers

Thom
    Nope, nothing you can do without professional knowledge and equipment I think. They are internal parts of the damper, so it's not quite user serviceable.
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Are you struggling to get the settings you want from the shock?
  • to be honest lads, the only problems im having with the R is lock of rebound and trouble setting it up for all mountain use - it bottoms out constantly when at the correct sag and feels hard and bouncy otherwise.

The only reason for the rp23 was for the lockout and it was cheap!

I only want the R settings because thats what the lappy has as standard, am i wrong in thinking this?
    The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd just fit it and ride - if you can't get to work right ie the adjustment you need is out of range, then think about getting it altered.