QE Park (Hampshire) - Red Trail - with video

bartimaeus
bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
edited February 2012 in MTB general
The 'QECP Collective' - a group of volunteer trail builders - have been upgrading and extending the old 'Orange Trail' at Queen Elizabeth Country Park (just off the A3 south of Petersfield) for the best part of a year now. We've been rebuilding, improving and extending as well as adding new features: all to make the trail more fun and flowing.

We are now nearly ready for our official opening as the 'Red' trail at QE - so put 19th May in your diaries.

The launch is on the same weekend as Hargroves 'QE Cyclefest' (see BikeRadar), so consider yourselves invited. It should be a great weekend - with our Trail Launch and an Enduro on the Saturday, and a 'demo day' on the Sunday, amongst other events.

As a taster here's some video from last weekends Dig Day, showing some building and testing of our final 'new section'. I'm not riding in the video as I'm far too slow - but rest assured I will be 'testing' this bit for myself next Dig Day... just not for the cameras.

QE supported our volunteer 'collective' in building the sort of trail that we want to ride, and most of it is already fully open, so please come down and give it a try. The more riders we get the better it is for QE - and then they will let us open more trails! We've plans for a skills area, and an improved beginner trail... I for one would like somewhere to take my son riding.

If you'd like to get involved in trail building then please come on down and help... and bring your bike as 'testing' is all part of the fun. See our Facebook page for info. If you are local, then check us out on our KVMB and QE website. If you want that fancy all-weather surface the come help me dig up and crush some chalk... otherwise just bring some suitable tyres.
Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building