oooof!! I fell off my bike!

BigLee1
BigLee1 Posts: 449
edited March 2012 in MTB general
I fell off my bike today attempting a jump then whilst in mid air decided I didn`t want to do it :D Blood, bruises, sore shoulder and hurting hands and a saved knee due to knox armour :)

I`ll be sore tomorrow!

Ride safe folks!!

Comments

• larryb
    larryb Posts: 78
    Nothing like an accident to put you in your place. Ouch, get well soon mate. I bust my arm up, metal plates, hand surgery, the works. Still not confident 6 months on!!!
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    BigLee1 wrote:
    I fell off my bike today attempting a jump then whilst in mid air decided I didn`t want to do it :D Blood, bruises, sore shoulder and hurting hands and a saved knee due to knox armour :)

I`ll be sore tomorrow!

Ride safe folks!!

Always commit 100% and you will fair well, if you can't commit, walk away....
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • BigLee1
    Yep, I agree :D it was just one of those days today, an obsticle i used to be able to clear then had a couple of dodgy landings a while ago and it got me today!
  • I came off on some Northshore at the weekend at grizedale its got maybe 12" dropoff and I bottled it (normally just do it) I touched my back brake and the rear locked on the slippy wood and then over took me. 1st off in ages and because I bottled the drop. That'll teach me.

99.9999% is rider confidence
  • 1mancity2
    BigLee1 wrote:
    Yep, I agree :D it was just one of those days today, an obsticle i used to be able to clear then had a couple of dodgy landings a while ago and it got me today!

Straight back up and do it again, don't let it put you off. :wink:
  • 1mancity2
    mattyg2004 wrote:
    I came off on some Northshore at the weekend at grizedale its got maybe 12" dropoff and I bottled it (normally just do it) I touched my back brake and the rear locked on the slippy wood and then over took me. 1st off in ages and because I bottled the drop. That'll teach me.

99.9999% is rider confidence

Yep totally agree, and the other 00.0001% is mental attitude.
  • BigLee1
    1mancity2 wrote:
    BigLee1 wrote:

Straight back up and do it again, don't let it put you off. :wink:

haha!! I struggled to get up never mind do it again!! I did complete the other 11 miles of my ride though after manning up :D

P M A!!

http://youtu.be/g_kYAjwXFQk
  • BigLee1
    I did tell my gf that she`d rode a bit that she`d always bottle the other day when she asked me, she did fall off right at the end but more of a topple onto a bank. If I`d told her that she`d never done it she`d have bottled it again, was my fall due to karma cos I lied to her? Lol!! :D
  • courtz
    courtz Posts: 49
    I did the same thing 2 weeks ago, but now have a metal plate holding my collarbone together :lol: