Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB general

Are IBIS owners the new Orange owners?

1235»

Posts

  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    So Orange owners drive BMW's and IBIS owners drive Audi's is that right?
    as i'm a 29er rider i gues i should drive a tractor?

    I don't drive, can't afford it cos I blew it all on an Ibis ;) So i drive neither a BMW or an Audi :P

  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • I drive a Bimmer but it's now worth less than any of my bikes... 28k new, 5 years later 3.5k.... Bargain!...
  • larryblarryb Posts: 78
    I drive a Bimmer but it's now worth less than any of my bikes... 28k new, 5 years later 3.5k.... Bargain!...

    3.5k for a 07 BMW? One owner from new? I'll give you 4k!! ;)
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • larryb wrote:
    I drive a Bimmer but it's now worth less than any of my bikes... 28k new, 5 years later 3.5k.... Bargain!...

    3.5k for a 07 BMW? One owner from new? I'll give you 4k!! ;)

    06 plate 120k miles... Done, It's yours... ;0)
  • ThewaylanderThewaylander Posts: 8,767
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    10ltr and only 360HP = fail. :wink:
    I dint think i'd want to drive that Jalopie!

    So Orange owners drive BMW's and IBIS owners drive Audi's is that right?
    as i'm a 29er rider i gues i should drive a tractor?

    nah your all hippies so you don't drive you hug tree's :p
  • dan sharddan shard Posts: 722
    nferrar wrote:
    Some people are dicks regardless of what bike they ride. I actually see more censored posted by people without expensive bikes slagging off those that do because they have a massive chip on their shoulder. If someone buys an expensive bike it's because they want to not that they need to. We could all ride around on £400 hardtails but where's the fun in that (not forgetting the fact that for some people a £400 hardtail is a posh bike)

    This
  • El ZombaEl Zomba Posts: 164
    nferrar wrote:
    Some people are dicks regardless of what bike they ride. I actually see more censored posted by people without expensive bikes slagging off those that do because they have a massive chip on their shoulder. If someone buys an expensive bike it's because they want to not that they need to. We could all ride around on £400 hardtails but where's the fun in that (not forgetting the fact that for some people a £400 hardtail is a posh bike)

    I'm sure I speak for the majority of bitter Hardrock owners when I say that we don't hate everyone with a nice expensive bike; we just hate you. :wink:
  • toastytoasty Posts: 2,598
    Completely agree with nferrar actually, I can't actually see anyone posing on expensive bikes, it doesn't take long for the mob to become pretty obnoxious towards a completely imaginary crowd they've just invented. This crowd all drive expensive cars, lack skills and only ride around car parks. This desperate one-upmanship against an imaginary person with more money is looking pretty tragic.

    I'm yet to see anyone posing on expensive bikes in here. Feel free to post an example of what you actually mean on the forum, failing that, get over it and stop moaning.
    Orange owners posing & not riding???? Shut up , never!!!!

    hurhur, good one!!11
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    Toasty wrote:
    Completely agree with nferrar actually, I can't actually see anyone posing on expensive bikes, it doesn't take long for the mob to become pretty obnoxious towards a completely imaginary crowd they've just invented. This crowd all drive expensive cars, lack skills and only ride around car parks. This desperate one-upmanship against an imaginary person with more money is looking pretty tragic.

    I'm yet to see anyone posing on expensive bikes in here. Feel free to post an example of what you actually mean on the forum, failing that, get over it and stop moaning.
    Orange owners posing & not riding???? Shut up , never!!!!

    hurhur, good one!!11
    Excellent rant. Are you on drugs?
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • toastytoasty Posts: 2,598
    Smaller rant than the original topic :wink:
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    It is a well known fact that the price of a persons bike is inversely proportional to the size of their rant.*



    *And by rant I mean penis.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • toastytoasty Posts: 2,598
    edited March 2012
    Oh cooldad, you do say the funniest of things!!
    cooldad wrote:
    It is a well known fact that the price of a persons bike is inversely proportional to the size of their rant.*


    *And by rant I mean penis.

    This is why I was forced to sell my Mojo :( My rant was always too big!*
  • toastytoasty Posts: 2,598
    More double posting!
  • ZziplexZziplex Posts: 190
    The only reason I'd buy an orange is to make me look prettier.

    Since when have they been desirable???

    Ibis remind me of Kirk revolutions, which is not a good thing either.
    Guinness for strength
  • Zziplex wrote:
    The only reason I'd buy an orange is to make me look prettier.

    Since when have they been desirable???

    Ibis remind me of Kirk revolutions, which is not a good thing either.

    Oranges remind me of tracing paper and scaffolding girders! ;0)
  • jehosophatjehosophat Posts: 108
    I' m another one agreeing with Nferrar. I personally can't bear all this abuse of "southern Audi-driving Orange riders" and so on. There was so much of it printed in contributions to one mag (not one associated with this website, thankfully) that I will never buy it again. Ironically that same mag was always really biased in favour of Orange bikes in their reviews. I came to this forum as WMB is a very objective read and I like their reviews.

    I find mountain biking a pretty solitary activity, and that's fine with me. I ride by myself or sometimes with a small number of others. If I meet other riders we nod and carry on, occasionally we chat, I rarely take in what they are riding, I don't care. When I go to trail centres I only see more than a handful of people for the few minutes I am in the car park setting off or packing up. I just cannot begin to see where this kind of brand-related vitriol comes from - where do people spend enough time analysing other riders to start it all? The only action by other riders that annoys me is dropping litter - and I never actually see people doing it, just the results - I'd need to see it a lot of times to start building up a statistically representative bias towards riders of certain brands!

    I'm assuming it is a general chip on shoulder thing related to people who can actually afford to buy expensive bikes AND nice cars. Well guess what - not many people much beyond the age of 20 will spend all of their money on bikes as adult life brings with it many responsibilites. People that can afford a nice bike without focusing every single penny they earn on it will probably have a nice house and car as well. It is simple economics and I fail to see where the problem lies.
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    Er it's a joke.

    (except for the bit about Oranges and Audis)
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • al2098al2098 Posts: 174
    Must get out more or maybe I only ride with less complicated people but generally we don't even bother with what anyone is riding. sometimes have a comment on what shoes someones clipped into or the benefits of raspberry jam over strawberry in a sandwich.
    I can't believe people get snotty over bike brands.
    It should be obvious as I ride an Orange 5 that I know everything else is cr£p and everyone should bow down to my beautiful machine like the phallic instrument of downhill pleasure it invokes in everyone who fantasizes about it...sorry, got carried away, what was the question?
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    I think you were stroking your phallus.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • chez_m356chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Toasty wrote:
    Oh cooldad, you do say the funniest of things!!
    cooldad wrote:
    It is a well known fact that the price of a persons bike is inversely proportional to the size of their rant.*


    *And by rant I mean penis.

    This is why I was forced to sell my Mojo :( My rant was always too big!*
    and you bought a ??
    Toasty wrote:
    My Orange Five frame is in the post by the way.
    :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    Busted.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • toastytoasty Posts: 2,598
    Bought a Scandal 29er actually, the Mojo was ages ago :P

    Still no Orange frame, apparently they were painting up a swingarm, been just over 2 weeks so far :x The Five is just a swap for the Meta frame, as it's a much better fit. Quite fancy some sparkley new Fox bits to play with too :P
  • Toasty wrote:
    Bought a Scandal 29er actually, the Mojo was ages ago :P

    Still no Orange frame, apparently they were painting up a swingarm, been just over 2 weeks so far :x The Five is just a swap for the Meta frame, as it's a much better fit. Quite fancy some sparkley new Fox bits to play with too :P

    You seem to change bikes frequently, would you say you were a frustrated person? :)
  • toastytoasty Posts: 2,598
    You seem to change bikes frequently, would you say you were a frustrated person? :)

    Nah, I'd say it costs next to nothing to sell a frame and stick a new one in, well except for the Five :P Didn't lose anything on the Mojo. Would you have a free Mojo for 6 months? My Meta lasted 4 years, and even then I'll be keeping all of the componentry, the Scandal/Mojo were bought as frames.

    Building them up is good fun too, hehe.
  • Toasty wrote:
    You seem to change bikes frequently, would you say you were a frustrated person? :)

    Nah, I'd say it costs next to nothing to sell a frame and stick a new one in, well except for the Five :P Didn't lose anything on the Mojo. Would you have a free Mojo for 6 months? My Meta lasted 4 years, and even then I'll be keeping all of the componentry, the Scandal/Mojo were bought as frames.

    Building them up is good fun too, hehe.

    I remember you had a Spesh Stumpy/and or Enduro too? I didn't realize you were mainly just buying frames though, thought you were buying/selling complete bikes.

    I guess the frame thing it a pretty good way to try out many types, but it must be slightly unsettling after you just got used to the feel of one frame to switch to others?
  • chez_m356chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Toasty wrote:
    Still no Orange frame, apparently they were painting up a swingarm, been just over 2 weeks so far :x
    do they use the same contractors that paint the forth bridge ? :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • toastytoasty Posts: 2,598
    I remember you had a Spesh Stumpy/and or Enduro too? I didn't realize you were mainly just buying frames though, thought you were buying/selling complete bikes.

    The wife has a 2009 Stumpy, I had a 2001 Enduro. It's not too bad, all my gearing in the house is 2009 or older to be honest, just keep swapping bits around :) Impulse buy second hand frames quite often, but usually change my mind and flog them again for the same.
    I guess the frame thing it a pretty good way to try out many types, but it must be slightly unsettling after you just got used to the feel of one frame to switch to others?

    Not as bad as you'd think, same shifters/grips/saddle/pedals etc, similar length frames. I find it more awkward getting back on my Tricross with drops after mountain biking at the weekend, swapping between the Scandal and Meta was never really an issue. The Five I ordered feels very like a long Meta, once all the Meta kit is on it it should be an easy leap.
  • That makes sense Toasty, thanks for the reply.

    Still wanting to try a cotic soul out one day myself, just to experience the sprinkling of magical dust that comes with the frame. :wink:
Sign In or Register to comment.