New bike shop in Surbiton

M-A-S
M-A-S Posts: 87
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Walked past that empty shop next to Pizza Express yesterday and saw a load of Specialized branded boxes and stuff, also there was a big cycling picture covering one wall.

Another concept store It looks like.

Comments

• Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    awww no, Poor recycles! Surbiton is too small for two bike shops!
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    It's the same bloke that owns surbiton cycles on the Portsmouth road AFAIK.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Koncordski wrote:
    It's the same bloke that owns surbiton cycles on the Portsmouth road AFAIK.

yup http://www.surbitoncycles.com/

hope they do well, though frankly they haven't actually done a great service on my wifes bike.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Yukirin wrote:

Its already got two others, so why not?

There is one on Ewell Rd, and the other Surbiton Bike shop by the marina.

Recylces is alright, but obviously it isn't for everyone.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    okgo wrote:
    Yukirin wrote:

Its already got two others, so why not?

There is one on Ewell Rd, and the other Surbiton Bike shop by the marina.

Recylces is alright, but obviously it isn't for everyone.

I know not of these shops you speak of. I definatly agree recycles is not for everyone, but I'm on a very tight budget. They sorted me out an awesome (to me) steely and they're always patient with the boy when I have to bring him with me. Also, coming from a bmx teenage background I feel more comfortable shopping in there than say Evans kingston (though the guys in Evans Chiswick are good guys)
    maybe I'm old fashioned. I still buy vinyl from record shops because I like the chat that goes with it.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I always use Pauls Cycles in Long Ditton, I've tried a few in the area but he always seems to do things quicker and cheaper than anyone else. Happily he's also close to home for me.

Cyclopedia (in Tolworth) are also pretty good, but they always seem too busy to do much quickly.

On another note, can someone please open a bike shop in Hammersmith for me please? I'm getting tired of walking to Chiswick or Shepherds Bush for inner tubes at lunchtime.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • We are trying to offer a different range of products in the high street as the marina is a small unit and very focussed on the leisure and kids market

We have invested heavily in the unit which has been empty for 6 years and are trying to make Surbiton a little more attractive than having empty units ...

We will be offering competitive servicing and will open longer hours than we do currently to fit into peoples working hours

Please feel free to contact me directly for any thoughts possitive or negative ... It is very easy to post things on forums and everyone believes they can do it better however sometimes a conversation face to face can solve any issues before they become a problem .....

Also roger merriman could you e mail me the issue with your wifes service as if I do not know about it we can never put these things right for the next customer and I want this business to work

Barnaby

Bpostance@googlemail.com
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I thought it was very nicely fitted out, had a good range of gels and stuff that I will buy from there. And I didn't even look downstairs! Or was it upstairs?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    I live 2 mins away on st mark's hill so will pop in and say hello. I may have seen you locking up tonight as I walked past with SPD shoes and helmet on the way to the station. Good luck with the venture! Rob.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Also roger merriman could you e mail me the issue with your wifes service as if I do not know about it we can never put these things right for the next customer and I want this business to work

Barnaby

Bpostance@googlemail.com

Nothing major but little things matter.

Firstly, soon after we picked the bike up, the front inner tube blew it's self to pieces

It has marathon pluses, they do require a knack, and when we picked it up one of the guys had said they are quite a struggle, hence my suspicion that the inner tube was pinched.

after coming back from it's first free service/indexing of gears it wasn't quite right, until we popped it into Birdy Bikes.
  • Thanks

I will talk to our workshop about these comments and follow up on them

Once again I want us to be giving 100% quality customer service in our shop and if we are not hitting this I will be looking into it every time

Barnaby