New LBS for Inverness - in Edinburgh!

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
What are Evans on about? Did everyone get this mail (about "Your New Local Store in Edinburgh") or do Evans really think that Edinburgh is near Inverness? Or do they email people in Sheffield to tell them about their new local store opening in London?

I blame Wiggle
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• If their website is anything to go by, they are not the sharpest tools in the box anyway!! I will stick with Chain Reaction, at least the website makes sense.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    They managed to send me a message about a 'local' Ride It! sportive....starting at Sandown Park, a mere 60-odd miles away...but that takes the biscuit. 160 miles for a 'local bike store'...!!!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    It is local. Only about 1/2" on the BBC weather map.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    You should know by now MRS everywhere in Scotland is local to everywhere else in Scotland.
  • suzyb wrote:
    You should know by now MRS everywhere in Scotland is local to everywhere else in Scotland.

Except if you are a delivery company, in which case Inverness is just off the coast of New Zealand!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Maybe it's local in terms of number of dwellings you'd pass. If that's the case it's probably more local to you than the Kingston Evans is to me.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    It is local. Only about 1/2" on the BBC weather map.

and about 1/100th the distance across the Isle of Wight into which Scotland would fit several times
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Maybe it's local in terms of number of dwellings you'd pass. If that's the case it's probably more local to you than the Kingston Evans is to me.

When I moved up here, Inverness was the fastest growing city in Europe (where's a pokey smiley when you need it? :wink: )
  • veronese68
    If there was a pokey smiley it would soon wear out from excess use.