What does everyone take on the trail to eat?

sunflower100
sunflower100 Posts: 2
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
I've tried the Honey Stingers, there to expensive and rich and don't do much for me. The Bar Cliff bar I don't care for too much either.

I like taking dried fruit, they have a box at Walgreens for a buck, its walgreen brand but its really good, they have 3 or 4 different kinds and its light. It seems to be about the only thing that I have noticed that gives me a boost.

Also Walmart brand trail mix with m & m is a good light snack.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Have qa look in the supermarket for museli bars etc. Try to pick those with lower fat contents if you can. Ultimately they aren't as good as the specific cycling bars but at a far cheaper price - i'll live with it. I do like Kellogs Nutrigrain myself as they are nice n soft so a little easier to eat than dry, hard bars.

Also, old faithfulls like banana and maltloaf will always have their place
  • ptr_
    ptr_ Posts: 126
    Where is this trail you speak of?

I love fig rolls as a cheap energy source, and sainsburys value breakfast bars.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Fig newtons for you USAians.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    usually just some jelly babies -> 70% carbs (most of that sugar) -> cheap -> not too rich.

no point going for healthy museli bars etc. as you won't get the immediate boost.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I cook up some fruit cake or flapjack and take that.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • I trailblaze all the way to Aldi.
    Most nut based foods are based on an assumption they are trying to sell you something.
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    pedantic, I know but...

food?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    team47b wrote:
    pedantic, I know but...

food?

Sorry for being pedantic, but that's not pedantry, it's just being trivial.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Is there not a US version of this site?

Take it not as otherwise Americans wouldn't be posting on a predominantly British site or talking about trails on a road forum. Must have been lost in translation.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Malt loaf is high up the list but I've just spotted a tub of M&S mini flapjack bites coming through the front door. Just in time for my Sunday ride. :twisted:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    DesWeller wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    pedantic, I know but...

food?

Sorry for being pedantic, but that's not pedantry, it's just being trivial.

Nit picking the use of english (use of 'everyone') is being pedantic.

A trivial answer is something which is either immediately self-evident or which conveys no information.

Now I am being trivial, not pedantic! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • jamienorton
    jamienorton Posts: 182
    Boost bars atm, no scientific reason just like them atm, Maoams in the summer, or jelly tots.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Doing a supermarket run this morning I found myself looking at a collection of small pouches with easy-open tops containing a delicious range of fruits. "Wow!" I thought, "a great new range of foods for longer rides". I guess it was the Lancashire hot pot that finally tipped me off to the fact that they were, actually, baby food. :roll:

I wonder... :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • snickers candy bar. it satisfies me. :)