My bike was stolen a few months ago and I got it back :D

See here for details

viewtopic.php?f=40027&t=12809745

Many thanks to Bath police for surprising efficiency. icon_mrgreen.gif

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,588
    Result!
  • Avon and Somerset , do seem to pull their finger out . I had a custom mountain bike with a Jaguar car bonnet ornament as a handle bar stem , My mate rand me to say he had seen a security guard at a tesco metro , riding into work on it . I Called the cops , took 5 minutes with photographs to prove it was mine . Got my bike back but they did not arrest the security guard who said he bought from a friend of a friend at a pub , YEAH YEAH bull
    Britannia waives the rules
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    Great news
    The police do a far better job on stolen bikes than you would imagine
    I had a carbon bike stolen last August and they were very good at wading through CCTV footage, local ads etc. Got it back minus the rear wheel about 4 weeks later which was a big relief
  • Why? what was up with the rear wheel?...
  • The spacing wasn't right for the rear drop outs. Meaning I had to cold set an ally frame (apparently a big no-no but it's my face ;))

There were many other distinguishing points anyway. The officer who took my statement went bleary eyed on quite a few occasions :)
  • timmyturbo wrote:
    Avon and Somerset , do seem to pull their finger out . I had a custom mountain bike with a Jaguar car bonnet ornament as a handle bar stem , My mate rand me to say he had seen a security guard at a tesco metro , riding into work on it . I Called the cops , took 5 minutes with photographs to prove it was mine . Got my bike back but they did not arrest the security guard who said he bought from a friend of a friend at a pub , YEAH YEAH bull

I would probably believe it. Can't imagine someone who had to get a speific qualification for a job risking it for a bodge-a-job bike ;)

Maybe that's why he wasn't arrested? No previous? This guy was still in custody when I went to do my statement. He had said the same, that he had bought it. The pirate flag he had on his boat would suggest he's not the most law abbiding citizen though ;):D
  • I wonder what he would do if you tried walking out of that Tesco's with a load of groceries and told him you had bought it off a friend of a friend :roll:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    It's one thing not believing what someone says and another trying to prove it.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Excellent: two bicycles recovered but years of corruption, false convictions, sexism, homophobia and institutional racism go unheeded.

Yeah! Go Babylon! You rock!