Which new bike?

hillbilly1
hillbilly1 Posts: 13
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Ok people its that cyclescheme time of year again . Which bike should i go for ? ive narrowed it down to Spesh rockhopper 2012 , Scott scale 80 2012 , Trek 4900 disc 30 speed 2012 , or the wildcard Mongoose teocali comp 2009 ???

Comments

• Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I didn't think you could get a sale bike on Cyclescheme, I thought it had to be a new bike, selling for rrp.

A lot of people I know have gone for the Boardman range if thats any help. You get some great spec for the money, well worth considering.
  • Vitus have launched their 2012 range and it looks better than any of these
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    You can get sale bikes on cyclescheme - it entirely depends on the restailer. I got an ex demo form on one, hevaily discounted, on cycle scheme. They were very flexible. With thyem I also think that you can 'top up' over the 1k mark. Therefore I'd say a carbon on one whippet or 456 depedning on how much travel you need. Rockhopper is nice too.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Spec Rockhopper Expert 2012 - just ordered mine, test rode a Trek 6300 and RH Expert - RH came out on top for feel, even thought spec of it is lower than the Trek. Have you test ridden the ones you mentioned? Always worth a go and will probably make your mind up. Good luck!
  • so looked at a scott scale 80 nice bike but too race orientated , Trek has a suntour fork same as the scott and not available til around May from lbs so its either a Cube attention or Specialized comp sorry can't afford expert!! any ideas guys??