Help! Dt Swiss

Raffo4142
Raffo4142 Posts: 40
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi
I have a dt Swiss carbon xr shock
And it seams to be losing air as anyone serviced one themselfs if do could anyone
Give me any help and advice
Thankyou

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    How much air and when?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    How much air and when?
    No air at all at the moment I noticed every other day it would need filling up
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    How are you noticing - are the forks sagging more or are you testing them with a pump?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    How are you noticing - are the forks sagging more or are you testing them with a pump?
    Its my shock it's very noticeable
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    But are you testing with a pump with pressure gauge? Or are you noticing by eye/feel/sag measurement?
  • supersonic wrote:
    But are you testing with a pump with pressure gauge? Or are you noticing by eye/feel/sag measurement?
    Hi
    Right then when u come to use my bike just pushing down on the seat you can tell that the air as come out of the shock
    When I was using the bike every other day this was the same
    I change the valve just incase is was leaking from there but its still the same so I presume it needs a service I no There's recommended service centres but I don't want to just keep shelling out I'm willing to attempt it as I take tools to my mx bike so I'm not afraid to have a tinker .
    I just need some help doing so
    Thank you for your reply
  • Raffo4142
    Anyone else any experience with this shock
  • supersonic
    Sounds like a possible leak. First port of call is tighten the schrader valve.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Sounds like a possible leak.

Isn't that in the OP?
    First port of call is tighten the schrader valve.

OP's previous post:
    I change the valve just incase is was leaking from there but its still the same

Your powers of observation are letting you down SS ;-)

Pace are still the service agents for these - I'd send it back to them for a service.
  • Raffo4142
    Yeh I no
    Just thought I'd like yo try myself as if all else fales and I f#*k it up I can fall back on them and get them to sort it
    Don't want to keep shelling money out on somthing i maybe able to do myself
    Cheerz
  • supersonic
    I completetly missed a post lol!
  • baznav73
    baznav73 Posts: 111
    Then the next port of call would be to buy a rear shock service kit and change all the seals and o rings, i havn't done one myself but i should think it's the same as other rear shock's, ie let the air out unscrew the air can and change bits, however asumpsion is the mother of all f*****s.