Ritchey Handlebar Packaging

TOM14S
TOM14S Posts: 100
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi all,

I've just bought some Ritchey Superlogic Handlebars from a company (not ebay), and they have turned up in a just plastic bag within a brown cardboard box. No Ritchey box, instructions/warrenty "bumph"? Is this normal?!? Doesn't seem normal to me, I'm surprised especially as it's a top end product.

Previously I've bought a Superlogic seatpost and it came in a sexy Ritchey foam filled box with instructions,
And my Ritchey stem also came in a ritchey box with a soft shell case and loads of paperwork.

Anyone else bought Ritchey Road bars? Did they come with any Ritchey Packaging / info ?

I contacted the company and they say they're not ex-display and they're sourced from recognised Ritchey importers. which looking on the Ritchey website all seems correct.

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    If you have a receipt I guess you have a warranty.

I got a rear derailleur from Ribble and it came in a plastic bag and none of the usual instructions I'd expect.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    bought a new cassette from Ribble, it came in a drug dealers plastic zip bag with a label on it! Boom!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    They're called grey imports. They're OEM parts supplied to manufacturers not generally for resale individually.

As for warranty, I'm not sure whether you have a full manufacturer warranty, but you'll probably have something with the seller.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Ribble, Planet X and Merlin have all sent me stuff packaged like this. They buy it in bulk directly from the manufacturer for use on their own bikes. They're probably not intended for individual resale but doesn't stop it from happening.

They're usually a lot cheaper though and shouldn't be any different to those meant for aftermarket/individual resale. Again, not sure about warranty status.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Warranty is with the retailer, and they are all good at dealing with warranties. Shouldn't have any problems.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • TOM14S
    TOM14S Posts: 100
    OK, thanks for the the brill replies!
    Ah, I hadn't thought that these could have originally been intended for sale on a complete bike, packaging would be wasted in those cases. I was most concerned over the authenticity of the bars... I even weighed them, but i've a reason for the packaging now, so will fit n enjoy. THANKS!