Recent posts about the state of the country

hulla the hulla
hulla the hulla Posts: 338
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
I agree with most if not all of them, the coutry is in a sh!t way, people are suffering and there seems little end in sight.

SO WHAT ARE WE ALL GOING TO DO ABOUT IT !?!?

I propose a BR think tank. Round up all the issues we are aware of and have a bloody good think (not a bitch and moan about how bad it is) about what could be done to fix these issues. Even if only a handful of good ideas comes out of it, it's better than nothing.

So, who's going first ?
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
Trek 2.1 winter hack

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Bring back National Service. That'll do it.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Banker's bonuses.
    Tax dodgers.
    MP's expenses.
    Benefit scroungers.
    Wastage on non-jobs.
    Should be enough to be going on with. :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Buy British-surprising how far that can take us.Not easy I accept but there are alternates to most purchases you can think of.Its a start.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Blame the Tories for today's policies or blame Labour for yesterday's policies that lead to today's policies?
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Yossie wrote:
    Blame the Tories for today's policies or blame Labour for yesterday's policies that lead to today's policies?
    That one's easy, just blame Wiggle. Sorry it had to be done.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I m with Nev Man, Buy British support your LBS e.t.c

But its harder than you bloody think, I ve tried to build an all uk component MTB (Just about achievable) and an all Uk component Road Bike (Near on bloody impossible) I dont want to go off thread.

Most Uk Backed car Nissan or Honda its not as clear or simple as you think, My LBS has two lithuianian mechanics as well.

Referendum on the E.U and a bit more self interest and sustainability, (Sh*t now I m starting to sound like a National Front fascist)
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    We need to browse yet more women in lycra shorts before a decision can be made.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Stop posting cr4p online and do some work - productivity would increase no end.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Stop talking down the economy? Be more pro change?

Lower the cost of public projects, by reducing the gap between the start of the project, and the first hole being dug. HS2 Ltd was set up in 2009, building is due to start in 2015. It's due to open in 2026.

For comparison, when the UK designed the worlds first grid connected nuclear power station it took 3.5 years from construction starting to generating...

If you can build the big projects quicker, you can start getting a return on the investment faster, they become more attractive as investments, you get more investments!

I know it's a lot easier said than done.

Back Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths more. This country has punched well above its weight for years in these areas.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Rebuild the Berlin wall, reinstate the soviet block and send all the eastern europeans back for a start then we can move onto the Africans who all seem to be parking attendants in westminster.

• :lol: perfect !

Reading between the lines I assume you were referring to the fact that there needs to be less talk and more action ..? :wink:

So, lots of good suggestions so far. Now, how to fix it ? And no blaming Wiggle !
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Well I'm up for the Guy Fawkes solution, a sh!t load of gun powder (perhaps something a bit more up to date) under the Houses of Parliment on the 1 day when they (almost) all turn up.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Well I'm up for the Guy Fawkes solution, a sh!t load of gun powder (perhaps something a bit more up to date) under the Houses of Parliment on the 1 day when they (almost) all turn up.
    That'll be the day they vote on a salary increase :evil:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228

:lol: perfect !

Reading between the lines I assume you were referring to the fact that there needs to be less talk and more action ..? :wink:

So, lots of good suggestions so far. Now, how to fix it ? And no blaming Wiggle !

I think we are generally a pretty apathetic people where politics are concerned. We do lots of whingeing and moaning but carry on voting in the same fools to govern us, just the colours of their ties change. When was the last time there was enough anger and people actually showed it, probably the poll tax. I am not saying we should riot, but if people do not get off their backsides and stand together then nothing changes. I'm as guilty as most, we tend to just go with the flow and accept the crap that is forced upon us, by those who either do not care, or are just so out of touch with the lives that 'ordinary' people have to live.

I've no idea how we fix things, not clever enough, but I do think improving the type of people we vote in would be a start. I really would struggle to name 5 politicians that I respected, liked or trusted. What's the saying? You get the politicians you deserve. Well maybe it's time we realised that we deserve better than the 'off the conveyor belt' type politician we seem to be getting and instead looked for people to represent us who wanted to be politicians for reasons other than just themselves.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The long-term answer is a simple case of eugenics.

Take all fat slobs, Gypsy Britain's Strictly Got X-Factor On Ice fans and litter louts out the back and shoot them.

20 years' time and we'll be laughing. And possibly re-building the Empire.
  • Munters - obscure objects of desire - or pure and total web sexy beauties*

tumblr_krwvokvUTc1qa45os.jpg

*this one is a particular fave as i'm sure you'll agree
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I agree with most if not all of them, the coutry is in a sh!t way, people are suffering and there seems little end in sight.

SO WHAT ARE WE ALL GOING TO DO ABOUT IT !?!?

I propose a BR think tank. Round up all the issues we are aware of and have a bloody good think (not a ***** and moan about how bad it is) about what could be done to fix these issues. Even if only a handful of good ideas comes out of it, it's better than nothing.

So, who's going first ?

Allow every body on the dole/benefits etc . To be able to earn £50 a week / £100 for a couple at £5 an hour without having any deductions from their benefit or £50 wages whatsoever . This would reduce crime ( as in if they wanted to they could buy a case of stella and an eighth of weed etc ) also you would have maybe 500,000 taking this up and small companies would have keen part time staff in abundance if they wanted . I Realize there is working tax credit , but this system would work far better

cheers Tim

NB: coming into force this April is a new housing benefit policy which states : " IF YOU ARE UNDER 35 YEARS OLD YOU CAN ONLY RECEIVE £68.35P IN HOUSING BENEFIT " !!! even in central London . So in about 6 months times you will have another 100,000 homeless law breakers who cannot afford to live anywhere . ! How will our Government deal with this ??? They will build 30,000 more prison places that cost £28,000 min a year per prisoner . IF I THOUGHT ABOUT HOW BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO BE , I WOULD BE OFF TO BEACHY HEAD . Cheers Tim
    Britannia waives the rules
  • Gizmodo wrote:

RM2020 red mercury , one cigarette with a dismantled pager inside with 30 grams of RM2020 did the canary wharf bomb!!! thats still classified for over another 25 years , but i dont give a SH#T...............BANG! :D
    Britannia waives the rules