Steel Rigid Forks

catbehemoth
catbehemoth Posts: 4
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
I was looking for rigid forks for my bike and couldn't decide which one to go for. Still unsure, but i gathered some info on some forks.
Mind you, myself with amount of cycling i do at the moment (very little) any of below will do a perfect job.

Salsa CroMoto Rigid Forks
100% CroMoly fork with 1 1/8" CroMoly steerer
Suspension corrected for 85mm travel geometry
ISO disc tabs and removable canti studs
Option 1 - A to C 425mm Black - Disc and Canti Mts. or Green - Disc only, weight: 1130g
Option 2 - A to C 445mm Black - Disc only, weight: 1045g

On-One CroMo 26er
Axle to Crown = 440mm
Roughly equivalent in length to 80mm of suspension travel.
Disc brake mounts only.
Steerer: 260mm 1-1/8"
Stanchion diameter 22.9mm
Weight: 1200g

On One Customer Advisor: The forks as far as I am aware are not butted at all. Regards Jamie Customer Service Advisor

Orange F8 Rigid Fork
Axle to Crown = 450mm
Disc brake mounts only.
Available in Matt Black only.
Weight: 1095 grams.

Kona Project 2
Axle to Crown = 440mm
Steerer: 300mm 1-1/8" (heavier) or 1" threaded (lighter)
Triple butted CrMo Steel
IS Disc and Cantilever
Dropouts: 9mm open
Weight: 813g - for triple butted version, 813g on the kitchen scales. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158273

Kona Project 2 29er
Axle to Crown = 460mm
Triple butted CrMo Steel
29er
disc brake compatible

Note: Some of new Kona Project 2 forks are NOT triple butted therefore a bit heavier.

from ebay:
For sale are a set of Kona Project 2, Rigid 29er, disc only Forks in black. I bought these in April this year and only been used on my commute bike with standard 26" wheels as I wanted to raise the front end a little. The steerer tube is uncut at 300mm in length and they are made from 4130 cromoly steel. The axle to crown I have measured at about 445mm. axle to crown is around 460mm

Feel free to add some info.

Comments