I needed a new battery

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
So got a new comp.

That's okay isn't it?

It was in a sale and I fancied the upgrade and it's a straight swap for the one on my Madone, and the Madone one can go onto the Tricross, which needed a new battery.

So it's all good, right?

Only problem is: the battery on the new comp is flat, so I need a new battery.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited February 2012
    KB, you're thinking out loud again
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Have you pulled the plastic insulator out, like the instructions tell you to?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    kelsen wrote:
    KB, you're thinking again

This is the problem :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Reminds me of this:-
    "A young Aussie lad moved to London and went to Harrods looking for a job. The manager asked 'Do you have any sales experience?'
    The young man answered 'Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Dubbo.' The manager liked the Aussie so he gave him the job.
    His first day was challenging and busy, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down and asked, 'OK, so how many sales did you make today?' The Aussie said 'One!'
    The manager groaned and continued, 'Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?' '£124,237.64p.'
    The manager choked and exclaimed £124,237.64!! What the hell did you sell him?' 'Well, first I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook and then I sold him a new fishing rod.' 'Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he would need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin-engine Power Cat.' 'Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to car sales and I sold him the 4 x4
    The manager, incredulous, said, 'You mean to tell me...a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a 4x4?' 'No, no, no... he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his lady friend and I said... 'Well, since your weekend's buggered, you might as well go fishing.'
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • CiB wrote:
    Have you pulled the plastic insulator out, like the instructions tell you to?

I swapped it for the one in the sensor, so nuh.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Get a Garmin, then you just charge it and don't have to swap batteries. You could also put an ANT+ duotrap in the madone (if its got the port) and use the garmin sensor on the tricross. And just swap the headunit between the two.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Get a Garmin, then you just charge it and don't have to swap batteries. You could also put an ANT+ duotrap in the madone (if its got the port) and use the garmin sensor on the tricross. And just swap the headunit between the two.

Shush.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • cyclingprop
    duotrap = a great bit of kit. Flush sensor in a frame you say? Why would you not?!
  • duotrap = a great bit of kit. Flush sensor in a frame you say? Why would you not?!

I've already got one... I was talking about the Garmin.

I was stood in the shop between a Garmin kit for sale and a Hope R4.

I was lucky to get out with just a new bloody cycle comp.

So.

shush.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    I think the old comp is a good starting point for a new build. :wink:
  • cyclingprop
    Twostage wrote:
    I think the old comp is a good starting point for a new build. :wink:

+1