New to this

2»

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    dougzz wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    It probably will be. But to be fair, cycling's done a lot for him, he's made a lot of money out of it so far, so he should see it as positive for cycling, because, at the end of the day (to quote David Beckham), the guy who won was proven to have a banned substance in him.
    I see it as AS having to do his bit towards anti-doping, and its a good thing.

Did you have your tongue in cheek when you wrote above :)

:) I sort of meant seeing his grumpy/blank face accepting it will 'tough sh1t' on him, as he isn't vocal about anti-doping and here he's going to have to do something which IS directly happening because of/involving/acknowledging the doping issues in the sport.

I couldn't give a monkey's if he thinks Contadork is innocent or not though, although maybe he believes the '(3.2kgs) of Steak for tea' story still or whatever (I can't leave this 3.2kg thing :) it makes me smile how dim the bloke is to come up with a story which was proved so stupid with a less than a minute on a 2 quid calculator*, and his team didn't work out the blunder in the fairy story in over a year of waving about pencils pulling 'thinking faces').

I was only watching some of the AS vs AC 2010 on the Tourmalet the other day, the stage where AC attacked with about 3 or 4k to go for about 20 seconds and he didn't get free, then he gave up on the attacking and wheelsucked his way to the top like a Lightweight MultiTool.

*other reasons of proving the story wrong/beyond-belief were used, but this was the funniest
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Given Frank paid a nice fat wad of Euros to Fuentes for a 'Training Plan' it would be tough for Andy to be vocal about anti-doping, that was where I was coming from.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Andy Schleck? Anti-Doping? You mean to say that he rides well only for 3 weeks of the year because of his training regime
    If I could get away with doing only three weeks proper work a year I do it like a shot. The man's an inspiration to lazy people everywhere as far as I'm concerned.
    Twitter: @RichN95