Silly question alert (no doubt)

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited February 2012 in MTB beginners
Why is it called northshore?

Comments

• sethy
    sethy Posts: 14
    It's something to do with where the first lot was set up.

The little bells in my head are saying on the North Coast (hence north shore) of Canada, but logic tells me that that's a bit of a ridiculous suggestion...
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    sethy wrote:
    It's something to do with where the first lot was set up.

The little bells in my head are saying on the North Coast (hence north shore) of Canada, but logic tells me that that's a bit of a ridiculous suggestion...

Ah right. Makes sense! Bit strange how its all called that mind.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    From Wiki
    The North Shore suburbs of Vancouver, British Columbia are a world-renowned mecca for mountain biking. The local mountains all are populated with mountain bike trails that are known for their extremely difficult and dangerous mountain terrain, and this unique style of trail building was born from the need to create a way to successfully ride this terrain. These trails contain numerous natural challenges like fallen logs, giant boulders to drop off, ravines to jump across etc. The area is home to many old-growth Red Cedar, which when dead and dried out, naturally splits into nearly straight planks. The abundance of these natural Cedar planks provided much of the material used to create the early ladders, bridges, and stunts that were required to negotiate the difficult terrain and fallen trees. Thus, most of the trails also contain man-made obstacles like skinny bridges, twisting "ladders" raised above the ground, and teeter-totters to ride on. This style of trail building and biking is sometimes referred to as "North Shore", describing trail systems that incorporate natural and man-made features
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools