A Prophet - Anyone else seen it?

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
It was on Film 4 Friday night/Saturday morning, I missed the first 20 mins but what an awesome film! I've just ordered it for £4 on Amazon so I can watch it properly. I'd never heard of it until now. Well worth a watch.
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• Nah, what's it about?

I watched Sarah's Key the other neet, very powerful film, head and shoulders above the usual drivel.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    French film about a corsican guy learning to live in a prison?

Saw it when it came out in the cinema. Was a little disappointed.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Nah, what's it about?

I watched Sarah's Key the other neet, very powerful film, head and shoulders above the usual drivel.

French prison movie about a young Arab bloke who works his way through the ranks of a Corsican gang whilst banged up. He's basically a Corsican kingpins b17ch with a hidden agenda. Lots of stuff goes on when he's on day release/work detail.

I just thought it was a honest, dark and gritty film.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    It was done well (from what I can remember), and it was VERY gritty ( especially the hiding the razor blade practice), but it was a little relentless without much point.

I didn't feel particularly strongly towards anybody. The main character wasn't particularly likeable, and neither was anyone in the prison.