Canyon nerve xc 7.0

welsh brian
welsh brian Posts: 23
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
evening all long time reader first time poster.

I am in the market for my first full sus bike and have been looking at the canyon nerve xc 7.0 after reading nothing but good about canyon bikes.I wanted to know how much it is exactly as the price is £1,369 and when added to cart says £1383 which is for the box aswell but it says £230 vat is that included or is that to be added to the £1383 ?

and does anyone know how much the postage is to the uk as they give no guide on delivery prices ?

and has anyone got any good pics of one in green as they all seem to be in black and i'm considering green to be diffrent.

Thanx

Brian

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Presumably if it says VAT included, VAT is included.
    Normally sites calculate Euro to £'s on checkout so basket price is probably that.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Just had a look and shipping is currently £35 thats with UPS and is fully trackable in fact part of the fun is watching your bikes journey. VAT is included in the list price one thing I would reccomend getting with your order is a spare gear hanger for £10.99 if you get it seperately later its about £20 + postage.

Go for it they are bloody fine bikes and well worth every penny just make sure you use the sizing guide properly get someone to measure you using a spirit level. If you go with the website size reccomendation you can swap it within 30 days if it doesnt fit.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • thanx just seen the vat included at the bottom of the page.

I did the sizing guide and it recommends a small but Im 5ft 10 and im riding a medium hardtail at the moment and it's the right size. I'll have to get someone to measure me again as I must have got something wrong.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sizes differ between manufacturers and even between different models withing the same manufacturer. What you have now means little.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    As far as I can tell the size guide doesnt work off height so much as the inside leg and arm measurement. I got myself measured for a road bike at Ribblecycles on there bikefit machine and they told me that going off just height can give a false reading if you arent an average shape. I am built like a badly shaved gorilla with long arms and short fat hairy legs so height measurement doesnt work for me nor does comparing another bike.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    cooldad wrote:
    Sizes differ between manufacturers and even between different models withing the same manufacturer. What you have now means little.

Bang on. My last bike was a large Commencal Super 4 before that a medium GT iDrive now a medium Canyon all were/are the same size.
  • Not the xc but here is the am in green, if its the same green it looks sweet!
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12838231
  • I'll get some one to measure me properly tommorow and get the right size.

The am is a diffrent green to the xc but it looks real good.

I've just been looking at some of there other models and the nerve am 6.0 for £100 more has alot of good kit on it and the extra suspension travel maybe more suited to some of the riding I've started to do. I've seen a few pics of the bike in mamba green as above post but it looks like they have stopped doing that colour in that model unfortunatley as it's a great colour.
  • cubicboy
    cubicboy Posts: 117
    You're going to have to do a bit of searching in the forums here regarding sizing... and then a leap of faith. Me and a mate both bought Canyons at the same time. The UK rep said deffo to go for large but we both went for medium. We are both 6ft and normally proportioned. On a previous (similar) thread, I described both bikes as 'large-mediums' which a few people agreed with. I love my XC!
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    If it's any help I'm 5'9" and just got the AM 6 in size medium - fit seems great to me even though the calculator recommended a small
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • Just measured again and it's still recomending a small so I might go for a medium and see how it goes.

Jimbo how is the AM?
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Just measured again and it's still recomending a small so I might go for a medium and see how it goes.

er... lol
  • JimboM
    Just measured again and it's still recomending a small so I might go for a medium and see how it goes.

Jimbo how is the AM?

The AM is great, it's my first full suss so got nothing to compare it with but it's so much nicer to ride than my hardtail and it's given me a lot more confidence on the trail. I was umming and erring about whether to get a higher spec model but to be honest the 6.0 is all the bike I need at the moment and given the way I ride, will be for quite a while :)
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • Just measured again and it's still recomending a small so I might go for a medium and see how it goes.

I really wouldn't do this. Surely it's worth the effort of hunting somebody out to try one for size rather than blowing that much cash on something that wont suit you?

Personally for a mtb, I think I'd prefer it to be on the small side rather than risk it being too large. So if buying blind I'd go with the site recommendation.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    It's good idea to compare the geometry between your existing bike and the Nerve, which is pretty easy to do.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • JimboM
    Just a quickie re sending the bike back if it's the wrong size.

I contacted Canyon UK about this and they confirmed that if you are unhappy with the bike you can just box it back up (they sent a link on exactly how to get everything back in correctly) let Canyon know and they will arrange a courier to pick it up at their cost. Once the bike is checked over at the factory they will then issue a full refund or send out a new bike as appropriate.

Have to say Canyon were great at responding to emails etc. My box didn't have the pump in it, I emailed then got a response within 30 mins and a new pump was posted to me that day.

Cheers

Jim
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    poppit wrote:
    It's good idea to compare the geometry between your existing bike and the Nerve, which is pretty easy to do.
    +1 to this, also, you say your on a medium HT at the mo, is that the right size for you? dont get hung up on the size thing too much,my HT is 21'', my FS is the large which is 20'' and 10mm shorter in the top tube, both are perfect for me, different kinds of bike for different kinds of riding
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011

If it's any help, or just to confuse you further, I had to tell it my legs were 1cm longer than they actually are to even fit in with the range for a small! My exact dims for comparison were

Height 170.2, Inseam 79, Torso 61, Arm 64.

I always knew I was a short ar$e but it was nice to have it confirmed by a computer. I think that their system errs on the small side as far as inside leg goes - try changing your measurements slightly to see what's affecting its recommendation. I know you can't do this for real ( :D ) but it will let you see why it's thinking you need a small.

Anyway the bike fits perfectly. I've got a mate with a medium XC, about your height, and it fits him very well. He certainly wouldn't have wanted a small.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • I have measured it against my current bike and it's about the same so I think it's about time to man up and order the nerve am 6.0.