Cwmcarn DH 26.02.2012

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited February 2012 in Your pics and vids
Went over Cwmcarn today as it was a LUSH day!

Didn't have an uplift pass so we sessioned the bottom section and then rode the road all the way to the top... its a bloody long way!

http://contour.com/stories/20122602-1-c ... dh-session

Was good, Jim had an issue with the Fox QR on his 36's half way down which wasn't good, but this was the 1st dry run of the year down CC for us.

I changed the rear spring on my Canyon for a slightly stiffer one and it now matches the front brilliantly.. felt great!

Uplift planned asap! Hope it stays dry!

Comments

• dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    Quality video! Cwmcarn DH looks so sick! Really need to get up there to do an uplift weekend! None of it looks too difficult? Although videos often make make trails look easier than they actually are!
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012
  • Cheers fella... tis all rollable or there are chicken runs!

Few bits are steeper than the cam makes out, particularly the slab drops on the middle section.
    Great fun though, well worth an uplift day... a bit of a hike if you're pushing/riding up, could only do that once lol!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Good to see the trails are in such good nick so early in the year - I'm booked on the uplift for next Sunday :cool:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • When did Cwmdown go up to £29.50?

Thats a fcuking joke for 1 bloody trail. FoD it is then!
  • Stevo_666
    When did Cwmdown go up to £29.50?

Thats a fcuking joke for 1 bloody trail. FoD it is then!
    Think it went up in the New Year. Mind you for me it's not enough to worry about when you're spending a fair whack on petrol and B&B's to come over from the SE.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yeah I guess.. He's just bought new vans (due in april) which explains the price increase, but still...
  • Stevo_666
    Think he needed new vans - the one I was in last month was covered in mud and stank of dog.

I reckon FoD will increase prices sometime soon as the uplift thing seems to be picking up - Simon was thinking about a second van when we were talking to him.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    That vid makes my run not look like the horrendous chimp handed attempt that it indeed was by me :lol:

Cracking day though and nice to be out when it's actually warm and dry, cannot wait to get out again (and hopefully next time I'll have remembered how to ride a bike..)

FoD next weekend hopefully then!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Stevo_666
    FoD next weekend hopefully then!
    Squarepants, are you booked on Flyupdownhill for next w/e? It's showing up on their website as fully booked on Saturday and Sunday....
  • Squarepants
    No Stevo, tbh pushing up and sessioning @ FoD is so quick and easy that an uplift isn't an issue, we sessioned Sheepskull all day last time and took about 3/4 mins to push up the top section which was a really nice quick section.

Should be a good day hopefully :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Stevo_666
    No Stevo, tbh pushing up and sessioning @ FoD is so quick and easy that an uplift isn't an issue, we sessioned Sheepskull all day last time and took about 3/4 mins to push up the top section which was a really nice quick section.

Fair do's, I'm a lazy fecker :-)
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Fair do's, I'm a lazy fecker :-)

Hehe.. the FoD uplift probably takes just as long as it takes to push! :lol:
  • Squarepants
    So are we :lol: push up there is really straightforward and pretty quick

You there next weekend?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Stevo_666
    Nah, we're already booked in for the Cwmcarn uplift on Sunday :-) I'll probably give FoD another crack sometime soon though.
  • Like i always say, it is faster to walk up FOD thant he uplift, beat it up a good few times while walking as slow as i can :p

FOD is a great place to session DH with out bothering to seperate your wallet with some cash for uplift.
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    I was thinking Cwmcarm would be impossible on my HT. But seeing that I reckon it's doable no bother?!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Looking faster there ben! You need to get on the pedals some more though ;) I get bored on tracks like that unless i'm pedalling my tits off, lol.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Stevo_666
    Like i always say, it is faster to walk up FOD thant he uplift, beat it up a good few times while walking as slow as i can :p

FOD is a great place to session DH with out bothering to seperate your wallet with some cash for uplift.
    Yep but pushing up the same number of times as the bus goes up (about 15) will be knackering: I like to recover a bit and relax while someone else does the work to get me back up. Stop being so bl00dy tight :P
  • Concorde wrote:
    I was thinking Cwmcarm would be impossible on my HT. But seeing that I reckon it's doable no bother?!

Easy!
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    Looking faster there ben! You need to get on the pedals some more though ;) I get bored on tracks like that unless i'm pedalling my tits off, lol.

haha, I'd left my legs behind on the road climb to the top! 45min + ride up there from the carpark for 1 run :lol: bloody killer!

We spent about 25mins trying to get energy back at the top lol!
  • GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    The weather looked great, track looked great, really good quality video taken. Fare play the camera always produces great quality images. I really want to give CC a go now, but i think i would be a little nervous.

GJC
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011
  • Stevo_666
    GJC wrote:
    The weather looked great, track looked great, really good quality video taken. Fare play the camera always produces great quality images. I really want to give CC a go now, but i think i would be a little nervous.

GJC
    Go for it, had my first crack at it last month and it was a great blast, despite having to do the afternoon runs with no chain! You can take it fairly easy if you want and just set off last so you're not thinking about people coming up behind you.
  • GJC wrote:

GJC

Go for it dude! If you ever need a bit of a guide down cus you're not sure, let me know!
    Once you've been down it, you'll get a good feel for whats where.. its only as hard as you make it tbh!
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Like i always say, it is faster to walk up FOD thant he uplift, beat it up a good few times while walking as slow as i can :p

Yep but pushing up the same number of times as the bus goes up (about 15) will be knackering: I like to recover a bit and relax while someone else does the work to get me back up. Stop being so bl00dy tight :P

Seriously? stop wasting cash and being so unfit :p (i am of course teasing to a degree as you were)
  • Stevo_666
    Fair point, there did seem to be quite a few salad dodgers on the uplifts at CC and FoD :-)
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Did the uplift on Saturday at FoD and loved, talked te guy into 17 runs as the weather was so nice. I know pushing up Is an option but I'm not that assed, I'll spend the money so I can really hammer it down! Laziness is fine.

Might push up during the summer when the days are longer

Looking forward to my next session though, llandegla or CyB at the end of march!
  • GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    Cheers guys , Yeah will give it a go with in the next couple of months

GJC
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011