Bike Fit Survey

Pit Bitch
Pit Bitch Posts: 3
edited February 2012 in The hub
I am conducting some research into the terminology and understanding of 'reach' in cycling, and the possible misconceptions surrounding it for my Bsc Dissertation. Any type of biker is welcome to take part in it as it encompasses all and all completed surveys are gratefully received! :D

Please find the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Bike_fit_research

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Maybe you could help by telling us what you think reach is? I own 4 or 5 bikes: all have different head angles, seat angles, stem lengths, stem rise, fork lengths and so on. They all fit me. How? Because they are designed for different purposes. I don't want my XC race bike to fit the same as my short travel, slack angled do it full susser! I fit my bikes through testing parts, and advise others to do the same.

Bike fitting places I do not endorse, unless you have very specific health issues with a person qualified in those health issues and sports science. The reason is one the ridiculous prices and being told stuff people can find out for themselves, and secondly the same people can visit 5 different places and get 5 different set ups. So who is right? And why would you be better?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I did the survey and lied a lot. Partly because I get annoyed by people joining to do their homework, and partly because a)I fail to see the relevance of a lot of the questions asked, and b) you had no choices for not applicable etc.

Seemed more like a marketing survey to me.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    A lot of your choices seemed to be duplicates like Shoes and Clothing/Kit were two separate things and Tyres and Components were two separate things. I gave up after that.
  • Because its yet another troll who fill this forum with shit in order to compete their uni essay on something they know nothing about!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Great. It does not work.

When filling in the other option it does not except an imput.

Go away and make it work before spamming the forum with it.

Your other post have been removed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They rarely come back. Fortunately.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools