Gisburn - New car park and trails

stumpyjon
stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
edited February 2012 in Routes
Gisburn Forest has just secured £ 300k of funding for a new carpark, basic trailhead, skills loops and another 1.5km of blue graded singletrack to link the new carpark into the exisiting trail network. I've posted more info and the plans for the trailhead on www.pmba.org.uk/news.htm. I'll update as things develop. Work is due to start very, very soon.

There's a couple of trail closures at the moment as well, details available on www.pmba.org.uk/gisburn.htm.
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Lee is only 20 odd minutes away for me, but I'll be trying Gisburn later this year. Looking forward to it.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Ohhhh skills loop?

that sounds intresting Stumpy........
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • stumpyjon
    Well actually it should be three graded loops I think, first one blue with optional red, leading onto a red grade section with optional black leading to a black section. All planned for the down slope next to the new carpark. I think they're on the plans on www.pmba.org.uk

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Is Gisburn well signed (the trails themselves, not how to get there)?
  • Yep, once you're on it, there's always a red/blue/black arrow pointing you in the right direction. I've never got lost and I'm a right numpty.

Am excited to hear about the new funding, especially the skills area, God knows I need the practice!!
  • stumpyjon
    You can also download a map from www.pmba.org.uk/gisburn.htm although it's slightly out of date as it doesn't show the Eggberry road bypass (which is signposted of the ground).