amclinden
amclinden Posts: 101
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Do you prefer....
Swveeeet¡¡¡

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It depends on the product. If not in a rush am happy to buy smaller cheaper items from abroad ie Deal Extreme and so on. I buy quite a lot from 'direct' suppliers too like Exotic. I only use the LBS for emergencies, and for work where I don't have the tools ie BB facers etc. Online retailers if the deal is good!
  • Not really sure if my vote should count as I work in an LBS, so I can get stuff at good prices. Still voted LBS though, got to show them some support :wink:
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Any or all of the above.
    Only use LBS (Halfords normally) if I need something like a cable urgently.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic wrote:
    It depends on the product. If not in a rush am happy to buy smaller cheaper items from abroad ie Deal Extreme and so on. I buy quite a lot from 'direct' suppliers too like Exotic. I only use the LBS for emergencies, and for work where I don't have the tools ie BB facers etc. Online retailers if the deal is good!
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Not really sure if my vote should count as I work in an LBS, so I can get stuff at good prices. Still voted LBS though, got to show them some support :wink:

I would show them support too if it were not for that fact that I feel violated the moment I step through the door.
  • Mojo_666 wrote:
    I would show them support too if it were not for that fact that I feel violated the moment I step through the door.

That's what you pay extra for ;-)

If I'm buying new, then I try to buy from the lbs first but sometimes they can't compete with the folks on the interwebs so I buy off them instead.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • I'm lucky that I live 10 minutes from Merlin, therefore get the service of a LBS at interweb prices :)