Is it summer yet?

ChrisSA
ChrisSA Posts: 455
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
I missed the heat this week due to being away.

Is it summer now? Can I use my nice wheels tomorrow?

Comments

• It was certainly nice to ditch the winter gear yesterday :-)
    Giant Contend SL 2 Disc
    Giant Defy 3 Adv 2018
    "I brake for cake!"
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    'Tis here :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    It was summer here yesterday,bit autumnal today and its back to winter tomorrow
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    With it being the start of March on thursday in my mind this means its spring and I can finally ditch my godawful crud road racers, sure they keep you and the bike comparitevly clean but my god THE RUBBING DRIVES ME INSANE.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i set off this morning at 7, and was surprised by the chill in the air(have taken a layer off thinking it would be warmer) but in the sun it was nice and warm
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    I don't have too much of a problem with the cruds. For me they have made winter riding a pleasure. Of course, most of the rear guard has broken off, and the front tail is missing...

Went out with a base layet and s/s jersey + arm warmers. As you say, nice in the sun, but a wee bit chilly when starting off again.
    Nice cafe stop near Hampton Court in the sun.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Nickel wrote:
    With it being the start of March on thursday in my mind this means its spring and I can finally ditch my godawful crud road racers, sure they keep you and the bike comparitevly clean but my god THE RUBBING DRIVES ME INSANE.

fit them properly then.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Nickel wrote:

fit them properly then.

:D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Sort of half here, the country roads in these parts are still caked in mud-n-shit as i found out today
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Today was lovely down in the SW. Had a really good ride - normal short training route (only had a "pass" for a couple of hours this afternoon) but on the summer bike at last, and no mudguards. Also first ride without any windproof layers for as long as I can remember! Maybe a combined placebo effect (sun, warmish, no winter gear) but so much more fun than usual :D
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Tis the season of two halves. Went out at 6:30am and it was 1 degree according to my Garmin, 2 hours later it was a massive 2 degrees. Went shopping in the car in the afternoon and if was (according to Jaguar) 12 degrees.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Judging by the number of people I see out riding in shorts, I presumed it already was!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    MattC59 wrote:
    Nickel wrote:

fit them properly then.

:D

Alas no matter how much I adjust them, they always end up rubbing again by the end of the ride :(
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    As long as the gritters are still out on the roads, I'm afraid to say

It is NOT summer :(
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    yes indeed - 14 degrees this morning so still set off in arm warmers - but a 30 deg peak today
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2