given the cold shoulder again!

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
I have a...

'Frozen shoulder, medically referred to as adhesive capsulitis, is a disorder in which the shoulder capsule, the connective tissue surrounding the glenohumeral joint of the shoulder, becomes inflamed and stiff, greatly restricting motion and causing chronic pain.' Wiki P

'kin painful. I had one (the other arm) started 3 years ago and lasted 2 years! The first 6months are the most painful, any sudden movement causes severe pain, even a wave to a passing cyclist can start it off, so have learnt to nod. After 6 months the arm becomes so stiff that I will not be able to raise it above the horizontal (still be OK on the drops). Had this one for 4 months so far, so only 20 months to go!

Tried anti-inflammatory cream, heat cream, cold cream, clotted cream etc.

Anyone else had this? Got any ways of reducing the pain or length of time.?
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    You've got a protein deficiency. Meat's good for that.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Aggieboy wrote:
    You've got a protein deficiency. Meat's good for that.

That made me laugh out loud! I spat out a mouthful of millet! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I don't get why people are always trying to force their cold shoulders on me :(

In all seriousness though, that sounds horrible. Hope you recover quickly.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Off under the knife ?
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I had a frozen shoulder a few years ago and it really is a pain, especially at night. It's something that has to run it's course and is worse in some stages of its development than others.
    I'd forgotten all about it though until I read this thread so there's no permanent problem.