Lance Armstrong lied...

bonkstrong
bonkstrong Posts: 120
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
He says it's not about the bike??? Pffffft, what uttert tosh!!

I can confirm that after flying round the country lanes on the fancy carbon beauty at great speed I have now been reduced to a gibbering wreck after averaging just 10mph on the SS Pompino - in my defence it's pretty much uphill all the way, but even so it's amazing how much difference the bike does make over a journey! I've never felt so empty after just 8 miles... :cry:

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I think he lied about some other stuff too . . .
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    PeteMadoc wrote:

"I'll love you for ever Sheryl......."

is that the kind of thing you mean?
  • PeteMadoc wrote:

You are clearly a bitter individual with an agenda/drink & drugs problem/book to promote (insert a whole host of other reasons for people to diss the man who will one day cure cancer)

He's done too much good for too many people - all hail King Lance!!!!
  • I bet Trek were over the moon when they found out what his book was going to be titled. Although I'm sure they made a few quid out of the association all the same.

Glad you're enjoying the knew bike Bonkstrong! To a smaller degree I'm sharing your fun at the moment as a new frame and wheel set has me close to my PBs without even trying.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    BONKSTRONG wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

You are clearly a bitter individual with an agenda/drink & drugs problem/book to promote (insert a whole host of other reasons for people to diss the man who will one day cure cancer)

french or troll... or a combination
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Yes - it SO is about the bike as Strava KoM titles fall before the might of the all-conquering* Volagi

* When I say all-conquering, I really only mean me on other bikes :oops:

In all seriousness (there's that "all" word again which I don't think I've quite mastered), I'm impressed that, despite crap weather, the cold, and a "winter waistband", I'm knocking down Strava segment times that I set last summer on my all-carbon (OK - mostly carbon..) Cayo.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,946
    Did he lie to one or both of the Olsen twins as well?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    BONKSTRONG wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

french or troll... or a combination

<comes out from under bridge> Moi? :lol:

In all seriousness though, as a huge fan of Le Tour and a firm grasp of the problems within Cycling his achievments on the bike were still legendary. Unfortunately his off-the-bike antics let him down. As far as Hero's go I'm afraid his Lancness has slipped to no2 behind the current leader, Sir. Mark Cavendish