Can any help with a hybrid bike Choice??

bertietommo
bertietommo Posts: 6
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all

Would really appreciate some advice. A choice between two bikes - GT Tachyon 2.0 or Cannondale Quick 2 sl, both 2012 models. Apologies - not 100% that this has been posted in the right forum :?
The bike will be for 90% road use and 10% very light track/cycle paths type things..I can get them for much the same price, the Cannondale around £40 or so more...Would I just be paying for the name with cannondale?? Does anyone have any experience of with the GT Tachyon 2.0?
Thanks in advance
B

Comments

• Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    The Cannondale. You may get better,more comprehensive advice if you re-posted this in the 'Commuting' forums, as most people (myself included) on the 'Road' forums will suggest getting a road bike over a hybrid.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • Thanks Duffer - will try there...
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Might be worth looking at the Boardmans too as they always get mentioned on here. Good spec for the money, that's for sure.
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    Might be worth looking at the Boardmans too as they always get mentioned on here. Good spec for the money, that's for sure.

+1 Had a Boardman Team Hybrid (don't know if this is in your price range but there is a Comp - cheaper - and a Pro - more expensive) and I absolutely loved it - then some scrotebag nicked it! Sounds perfect for your needs so may be worth a look. Good luck with whatever you get.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png