First ride of the year...

CambsNewbie
CambsNewbie Posts: 564
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
in shorts!!!!

And I know this will trigger plenty of 'MTFU I've only worn shorts since 1983..' replies but I hate the cold!

Comments

• Was thinking about ditching the tights for the this weekend, however it looks as though todays glorious weather is not to last. I'll probably give it another couple of weeks untill i decide to MTFU. :oops:
  • in shorts!!!! And I know this will trigger plenty of 'MTFU I've only worn shorts since 1983..' replies but I hate the cold!

Southerners :roll: :lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    in shorts!!!!

And I know this will trigger plenty of 'MTFU I've only worn shorts since 1983..' replies but I hate the cold!

If it was only shorts we'll let you off.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy wrote:
    in shorts!!!!

If it was only shorts we'll let you off.

I don't want to die! Might loose the thermal base layer at 15 degrees and might even go short sleeved at 20ish degrees but let's not go crazy here!
  • porker33
    porker33 Posts: 636
    I went out for a cheeky 35 miler at lunchtime.....Shorts, no over shoes....the mistake was to wear a compression top under my short sleeve cycle shirt......I found I was a little warm when putting some effort into the hills!

This is the problem I always find at the start and end of winter.....how to dress so that you are not too hot or too cold,,,you only know the answer when you return home!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    porker33 wrote:
    I went out for a cheeky 35 miler at lunchtime.....Shorts, no over shoes....the mistake was to wear a compression top under my short sleeve cycle shirt......I found I was a little warm when putting some effort into the hills!

This is the problem I always find at the start and end of winter.....how to dress so that you are not too hot or too cold,,,you only know the answer when you return home!

I find that this gives me an excuse to spend money on new jerseys which are somewhere inbetween my winter and summer jerseys :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    porker33 wrote:
    I know what you mean. I got my shorts ready last night given the forecast, went out at 8:14 this morning but chickened out and put tights on (10 degrees), I was soon regretting my decision and by the end of the ride I was boiling (12 degrees).

But I prefer to be too warm and unzip rather than too cold and have to stop to put on more layers.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    me too dude

nice and warm in chesh of the shire this afternoon, even the misses said i had picked up some colour!

ha ha
  • porker33 wrote:
    I went out for a cheeky 35 miler at lunchtime....e!

I thought it was just the French that did 3 hour lunches?
    My pen won't write on the screen