Suspension Corrected Rigid Forks

CLCT
CLCT Posts: 5
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on the topic of replacing suspension forks with rigid forks.

I've been commuting on my trusty Saracen Mantra VX for about 7 weeks and I've been absolutely loving it. On the advice of others, I've gotten rid of the knobbly tyres and my 14 mile commute takes me about 1 hr 10 mins over fairly rough tracks and London streets.

It was suggested that I might consider changing my suspension forks to rigid forks, and this is what I now intend to do. I'm not sure, though, what forks would be suitable.

My current Suntour suspension forks have 120mm of travel and the wheel size is 26". My current setup is V brakes but I may look at upgrading to discs in the near future.

Most of the rigid forks I have seen are suspension corrected for between 80 and 100mm of tavel and I'm concerned about altering the geometry of the bike too drastically. I really like the look of the Kenesis Maxlight XLT forks ( http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kinesis-maxlight-xlt-fork/ ). Would these be suitable or can anyone suggest any alternatives?

Thanks!

Comments