Frank Carson-Top Man

blackpoolkev
blackpoolkev Posts: 474
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
I was saddened to hear that Frank Carson has left us.

Not just a funny guy,but a genuinely good bloke.

My wife served him a couple ago weeks ago(she works in a pharmacy) and despite his health problems he had the whole shop in gales of laughter with a barrage of one-liners.

I wish there were more folk like Frank Carson.

Comments

• Ah yeah real shame, gob bless you frank.

Was disappointed that some cobblers about somalia got nearly 8 minutes on th bbc news, cos theres a conference in london about the place, but Franks death got less than a minute. What an innings though, and to have left this world knowing that he made so many people happy, top man.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    The guy served as a Para as well. *doffs hat*
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Someone was saying that he visited their golf club. He complained about the length of one of the holes, said he didn't go that far on holiday!

Made me chuckle.

Top chap.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Didn't really like Frank Carson as a comedian until he came offshore onto the Oil Rig I was working on. (Polyconfidence 1990s) There was 800 people living on a flotel and he came out to boost morale at the end of the project. He arrived onboard at around 5pm and went off the next morning around 9am. From the moment he stepped onboard he was telling jokes, he had the whole tea-shack and canteen in stitches then got on-stage at 8pm and did a 2 hour stand-up routine. I don't think he went to bed but sat in the tea shack telling jokes all night. Just before he got onboard the chopper he spent a minute on the tannoy telling some jokes too. All this and I never heard him tell the same gag twice.

He made people laugh, and he summed it up best - "It's the way I tell 'em."
    There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    ^^^^^^ That's a great memory of the man. He was great, and came across as a really good man. I heard him recount a gag Jimmy Cricket ( I think) once told. What's the difference betweem the M1 and Frank Carson? You can turn off the M1!
  • Best Frank joke.
    The man who invented catseyes for the road ,did so when he saw a cat walking toward him one night. The cat's eyes sparkled. If the cat had've been walking the other way he would have invented the pencil sharpener.
    tpmlogan
  • tpmlogan wrote:
    Best Frank joke.
    The man who invented catseyes for the road ,did so when he saw a cat walking toward him one night. The cat's eyes sparkled. If the cat had've been walking the other way he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

No he wouldn't, it was dark so he wouldn't have seen anything :razz:
  • I don't think anyone could be offended by Frank, a quality act and genuine bloke.

R.I.P. Frank.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I don't think anyone could be offended by Frank, a quality act and genuine bloke.

R.I.P. Frank.

Hear hear :)

(BTW - if you're thinking of that as your epitaph mate, you might need to rethink the first bit :wink: )
  • random man wrote:
    I don't think anyone could be offended by Frank, a quality act and genuine bloke.

R.I.P. Frank.

Hear hear :)

(BTW - if you're thinking of that as your epitaph mate, you might need to rethink the first bit :wink: )

'Kinell and you're a mate. :roll: Have a safe journey.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.