Norfolk

wideboy
wideboy Posts: 206
edited March 2012 in Routes
Other than Thetford whats about in this area, im fairly new to mtbing so not too sre atm..thanks :D

Comments

• I wouldn't mind an answer to this. Also getting into mtb'ing and haven't come across any obvious local trails.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Donatello wrote:
    I wouldn't mind an answer to this. Also getting into mtb'ing and haven't come across any obvious local trails.

Depends where you are in Norfolk, certainly nothing warranting a long drive too.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i've been to norfolk, i feel really sorry for you if you're a mountain biker and live there :wink:
  • Donatello
    Donatello Posts: 20
    I know, I know... Flat as a pancake so it is a bit desperate. I actually live in Suffolk but right on the border on the East Coast.

Seems to be a few gentle woodland areas near by but haven't been to them yet, just what I have been told.
  • Briggo
    Donatello wrote:
    I know, I know... Flat as a pancake so it is a bit desperate. I actually live in Suffolk but right on the border on the East Coast.

Seems to be a few gentle woodland areas near by but haven't been to them yet, just what I have been told.

Its not that flat, it certainly aint no lincolnshire, everytime I drive on the A17 to get to say the Peaks it depresses me it's so flat.

Not sure about the east coast/suffolk area, perhaps - http://www.trogmtb.com/ its the tunstall area.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Donatello wrote:

I take it you're near that Lowestoft then? To start TROGS would be my suggestion too, although it's a hours drive. One of them is also bound to know some routes closer to home or know riders in your area.

Tunstall has some interesting bits & Rendlesham isn't too bad if you stay AWAY from the forestry comission marked routes, there's also routes along the coast via Dunwich, Walberswick, Sizwell etc.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Donatello
    Donatello Posts: 20
    Yeah I'm in Lowestoft. Will keep looking out for places to investigate, cheers :)
  • martyn748
    martyn748 Posts: 53
    I can show you some hills.
    Yes TROG is a good place to start, we can show you some amazing single track.

But if you head to Sherringham there are some great rides to be had round there. A long the cliff top, round muccelsbough, and pretty corner. All can be linked up and made it to an amazing ride.

I might even be able to get old of some GPX routes...
  • Briggo
    martyn748 wrote:

I might even be able to get old of some GPX routes...

Yes please.
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    Have you been to holte country park ?