clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
tell me to MTFU please.

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    MTFU.
    You're welcome.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Whatcha mean? Tail wind all the way home for me.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,771
    What wind? I didn't notice it. MTFU. I was driving.
  • Bit hairy in places on the downhills tonight in Leicester
    First love - Genesis Equilibrium 20
    Dirty - Forme Calver CX Sport
    Quickie - Scott CR1 SL HMX
    Notable ex's - Kinesis Crosslight, Specialized Tricross
  • clarkey cat
    I MTFU'd. Minging.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    +1 for the tailwind, 35mph on the straights in places
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    I MTFU'd. Minging.
    Should'nt that read "I M'd TFU"?

Sorry. :oops:
  • clarkey cat
    it depends on whether you'd classify MTFU as an acronym or an initialism.

You're probably right - but I literally didn't have the energy to put in the '

That's it. I'm spent....
  • I drove today (saving my left knee another day of torture into that wind) and when driving home I passed a small peloton of roadies, and the girl leading out at the time looked like she was dying in the saddle. That wind was blowing my car around, I'd hate to think what it was doing to those poor devils :(
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Just as I was crossing the Kessock Bridge, the wind was reaching a steady 35mph on my nose. Don't know what gear I was in as I was climbing onto the bridge but I don't think I had too many in reserve
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • was minging on the way in to work, cashed in on the way home though.
  • Mmm embankment was a bit of a so and so! Mind you I did get a PR on Victoria to Albert bridge. Shows how easy I normally take it I guess!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I drove today (saving my left knee another day of torture into that wind) and when driving home I passed a small peloton of roadies, and the girl leading out at the time looked like she was dying in the saddle. That wind was blowing my car around, I'd hate to think what it was doing to those poor devils :(

Hardcore, how do I meet this lady?
  • First ride on the Indy today, was expecting a slow average with the extra weight over the fixed, but managed the same average on the way in and got blown home :) Weeeeee

Have a MTFU :wink:
  • Woke up and the wind was a pleasant 10mph - now 25mph and rising (can see the seagulls struggling outside) :roll:

Just off to rub in a bit mor MTFU and head out
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i had to do a favour for work yesterday an deliver something to Scotland

so im driving down the M6 get to by Shap an the van basically is blown from one lane to another freakin' frightening

then it was proper foggy then it rained, twas lovely really
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • PeteMadoc wrote:
    I drove today (saving my left knee another day of torture into that wind) and when driving home I passed a small peloton of roadies, and the girl leading out at the time looked like she was dying in the saddle. That wind was blowing my car around, I'd hate to think what it was doing to those poor devils :(

Hardcore, how do I meet this lady?

Learn to cycle quickly. ;)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Yikes - wind gusting to 60mph right now ACROSS the bridge. Look like I might need rescuing if it doesn't calm down a bit
  • The weather station got up to 70mph then went off-line.... :shock:

I got a lift home as Mrs MRS was in town. I think I was wise. Even the airport was recording 40mph steady wind and that's pretty sheltered.

I got a lift home as Mrs MRS was in town. I think I was wise. Even the airport was recording 40mph steady wind and that's pretty sheltered.

Some people have no sense of adventure....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X

Some people have no sense of adventure....

I know - everyone should find out what it's like under a 40 tonne truck before they die :shock: :wink: