Weight loss vests on Daily Deals

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi all,

Has anyone used the above & found any benefits? or are they just an expensive bin liner ? :|
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,169
    How can an item of clothing help you lose weight (other than by making you sweat and lose water content)? Know nothing about them but can't see it being anything other than yet another gimick in the weight loss market myself.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Check the small print.

They weigh 3 kilos per vest, the weight loss bit is when you take them off. :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Maybe you have to pull the vest over your heard to stop you being able to eat?

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    A better way to lose weight is with a bit of hard work and a healthy diet. There is no easy way to do it. Dont be so lazy.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I lost 3 stone using a weight loss guide from the British Heart Foundation. No gimmicks, no fads, just simple healthy eating. I used the general rule of thumb that I needed 2000 calories a day from food and needed to exercise for at least 30 mins to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Very basic but worked a treat. In hindsight my 'fueling' needs were completely ignored, but the goal was weight loss, not 'performance'.

I now, know that I need 3000 calories a day, just to exist. So I try to stick to that, making adjustments as my training requirements dictate.

No shortcuts to this I'm afraid. You need to be disciplined in your diet and do some quality training - lower end of your aerobic threshold (65-75% max HR - varies per person) works best for burning fats, and shifting weight.

If I want to shift an extra bit of weight, I try to get out training early in the morning before breakfast. I only do this for sessions of 60 mins or less though.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Guessing these are like http://sweatzsportz.com/ only really worth it if you need to get down to a certain weight, fast. However it is only water your losing. They are normally used by fighters just before a weigh in, lots of the UFC guys use them.

Edit: you could get the same effect from wearing an extra t-shirt.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,169
    It's a potentially dangerous way to (temporarily) lose weight. Boxers, jockeys etc. will do it for a weigh in and then re-hydrate themselves. Certainly a bad idea for trying to lose weight long term.

I've now lost a stone in 6 weeks thanks to exercise and monitoring my food intake against what I use :)
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Unless you're a boxer trying to drop a kg before a weigh-in. There is no worth to these.

Diet and exercise = weight loss. There are no replacements for hard work.