Ouch!

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Feck me, TicketFast is a rip-off.

I've just booked some tickets for an Oly-related event in the summer. £55.

Plus £6 booking fee via Ticketmaster. Well, that's a rip off, but it's been around so long I don't notice it.

Plus another £3.50 to TicketFast. Compulsory - can't opt out of this. And what do you get? The privilege of printing your own tickets, at home, on your own printer using your own ink and your own paper. And not costing anyone anything in postage costs.

I feel violated.
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Violated for £3.50 is a bargain surely?
    Would be nice if businesses were required to justify these things, or at least be required to roll compulsory fees into the list price.
    Amazon marketplace pisses me off too. Buy this item for 10p. Plus £6 postage. Riiiiight
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited February 2012
    Greg66 wrote:

Plus £6 booking fee via Ticketmaster. Well, that's a rip off, but it's been around so long I don't notice it.

Plus another £3.50 to TicketFast. Compulsory - can't opt out of this. And what do you get? The privilege of printing your own tickets, at home, on your own printer using your own ink and your own paper. And not costing anyone anything in postage costs.

I feel violated.

Why did you click 'purchase' then? Hmmmmmm?
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    dhope wrote:
    Buy this item for 10p. Plus £6 postage. Riiiiight

They're trying to screw Amazon over. Amazon only take a cut from the sale price, not the postage.

Ticketmaster are only around because they pay an absolute fortune to promoters and venues to use them.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    pretending to be young again or cruising the festivals, i thought you'd been banned
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Greg66 wrote:

I feel violated.

Why did you click 'purchase' then? Hmmmmmm?

Cos I had to if I wanted to go to this gig. And as I was under orders from Mrs 66 that we both wanted to go to it, I was a bit stuck...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin wrote:
    pretending to be young again or cruising the festivals, i thought you'd been banned

I have to wear a long wig. And a false beard.

And a dress.

Actually, the dress is quite liberating.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A