Ten Minutes of Hell

GwynforJames
GwynforJames Posts: 19
edited February 2012 in Pro race
You could argue that this should come under another category, but Alex Dowsett was there!

Pictures of the Ten Minutes of Hell time trial which went through the Mersey tunnel, cane found here:

http://www.sportpicturescymru.co.uk/ten ... l2012.html

Thanks
Gwynfor :D

Comments

• See Below. 'Liverpool Underground'. :wink:

Still good pics though! :)
  • OK thanks, just seen it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    One of our resident forumites was second lady - well done!
  • Rebecca Slack? I have a great picture of her on the gallery, which you may have seen. :D
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Oh no Michael Hutchinson has convinsed Dowsett to wear comedy length lower leg wear. The only consolation is Alex has not gone for the full Dr Hutch horror!! (Although arguably they have the same amount of leg showing)
    SPC_1970.JPG
    11141%7C000005621%7C8d53_Hutchinson-3-2nd-Men.jpg
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    2 different setup's, Dowsett has got long length overshoes on, as used by Wiggo and the like, Hutch has got short SiS aero overshoes on, with Smart drag reducing calf guards on. Dowsetts skinsuit comes right down the knees as well, this is becoming more of the norm for TT's as well.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    I'd be happy to look like a tit if I could go as fast as either of them!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    SBezza wrote:
    2 different setup's, Dowsett has got long length overshoes on, as used by Wiggo and the like, Hutch has got short SiS aero overshoes on, with Smart drag reducing calf guards on. Dowsetts skinsuit comes right down the knees as well, this is becoming more of the norm for TT's as well.

Why not just go the whole hog and wear longs?
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Garry H wrote:
    SBezza wrote:

Why not just go the whole hog and wear longs?

Depends if they are being used for aero benefits, what Dowsett and Hutch are using have been developed in a wind tunnel to reduce drag, I doubt many longs have been tunnel tested to reduce drag. Must admit I wouldn't want to wear longs, far too hot, but then again I don't wear calf guards either.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,735
    I want to know who washes Dowsett's kit.

I go out one day in white arm warmers and I already have black spots on it that I can't get rid of.