Big fat pike (ooops sorry) Gypsy wedding

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Mrs Tank is watching it at the mo, I'm fuming, talk about law unto themselves. AAAAAHHHHH!

Never mind cyclists riding two abreast the b@st@rds are racing carts on the public highway. :x :x :x
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Big fat gypsy propaganda show more like.. Sure it's made by the gypsy marketing board
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Big fat gypsy propaganda show more like.. Sure it's made by the gypsy marketing board
    Coming soon to a butcher near you. Gypsy steak, minced traveller, pikacon.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    It often baffles me how this shite actually manages to get on mainstream television..

Clearly there's a demand for it..

Probably the same audience that the Jeremy Kyle show attracts.........LOL
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    My law #189 - Thou shalt never fu*k with pikeys.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    It often baffles me how this shite actually manages to get on mainstream television..

Clearly there's a demand for it..

Probably the same audience that the Jeremy Kyle show attracts.........LOL

shhhh Mrs tank is watching it apparently
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Big fat gypsy propaganda show more like.. Sure it's made by the gypsy marketing board

Surely if it was made by the gypsey marketing board it wouldn't portray them as lying, violent, dishonest scum with terrible taste. And it would actually feature ethnic gypseys rather than a load of Irish tinkers with a load of made up "tradition"........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • So, love, you don't want to live in a house because 'Neighbours might whisper about you'.

So instead you join one of the most despised groups of people on earth.

Stay classy.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    pike-38-kilos-RECORD1.jpg
  • I think channel four should be compelled to hand over the video footage to the police so the appropriate charges can be persued.
    Tail end Charlie

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    I think channel four should be compelled to hand over the video footage to the police so the appropriate charges can be persued.

Christ no!

They'd be in the courts claiming their "human rights" within hours, and then everywhere you went you'd have respectfully pull off the road to let scum-in-a-cart through regardless of priority or sense.

The older I get, the better I was.

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180

shhhh Mrs tank is watching it apparently

LOL....
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Hah then! Call me but not my missus. :x

Even if she does watch a pile of sh1t on telly. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,654
    Seems they've been getting a bad press for years :-)
    http://pigeonsnest.co.uk/stuff/thieving-gypsy-bastards.html
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    S'funny, a few people getting their knickers in a twist about a mere few gypsies racing horses on public roads. Yet, would any of you anti "pikey" brigade (just another form of racism and shame on you for your small minded ignorance and bigotry) complain about the local hunt and the way they use the roads during the season? If you haven't a clue how some of our respectable white, British, horse riding huntsmen behave, take a look next time they are out round your way. You will often witness dozens of horses and their riders taking up all the available roadspace and even closing and restricting public access to public roads. If you so much dare to challenge them, you'll just get a whole lot of abuse and hostility. What do the police do, zilch!
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Ginjafro wrote:
    S'funny, a few people getting their knickers in a twist about a mere few gypsies racing horses on public roads.
    Isn't it OK as long as they're not using timing chips?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Ginjafro wrote:
    S'funny, a few people getting their knickers in a twist about a mere few gypsies racing horses on public roads. Yet, would any of you anti "pikey" brigade (just another form of racism and shame on you for your small minded ignorance and bigotry) complain about the local hunt and the way they use the roads during the season? If you haven't a clue how some of our respectable white, British, horse riding huntsmen behave, take a look next time they are out round your way. You will often witness dozens of horses and their riders taking up all the available roadspace and even closing and restricting public access to public roads. If you so much dare to challenge them, you'll just get a whole lot of abuse and hostility. What do the police do, zilch!

Yes.

Do you get many of the travelling folk down in Cornwall? And if so, what are they like?

The older I get, the better I was.

• jordan_217
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Do you get many of the travelling folk down in Cornwall? And if so, what are they like?

They are called 'Tourists', I believe and most of the locals fu**king hate them. Funny that considering they keep the economy ticking over down there.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • pikey" brigade (just another form of racism and shame on you for your small minded ignorance and bigotry)
    Errr, there's no shame in hating pikeys. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    You may dislike bigots and racists. That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion.
    S'afree country, just!!!
  • Ginjafro wrote:
    Yet, would any of you anti "pikey" brigade (just another form of racism and shame on you for your small minded ignorance and bigotry) blah blah

Funny, I thought my opinion of them was built from life experience of how dirty, dishonest and violent they are.

I'm constantly bombarded with the fluffy and romantic image from various sectors that simply doesnt tally with reality. I see on a regular basis a people that roam around damaging property and land, leave a fookin' great mess for someone else to clean up and also manage to impart a mini crime wave wherever they wander.
  • Ginjafro wrote:

I've not got a lot of time for the fox hunting fraternity either but that post is a load of bo11ocks.

We're all entitled to an opinion and I'm no racist but I am law abiding. I know who I'd prefer to set up camp in my local field given the choice between lord fauntleroy and Paddy McGinnty and his goat.
    Tail end Charlie

• jordan_217
    Ginjafro wrote:

I've not got a lot of time for the fox hunting fraternity either but that post is a load of bo11ocks.

We're all entitled to an opinion and I'm no racist but I am law abiding. I know who I'd prefer to set up camp in my local field given the choice between lord fauntleroy and Paddy McGinnty and his goat.

Well said that man
  • This thread has restored my faith in the this forum.
    I am heartened by someone being prepared to defend their view in the face of the racism/bigot card being played and for others to congratulate them for doing so as opposed to vilifying them.

Long live an Internet forum where free speech is encouraged!!
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    You can not call them pikeys - the new terms is

Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers.

I'll leave you to work out the acronym ;-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    smidsy wrote:
    You can not call them pikeys - the new terms is

Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers.

I'll leave you to work out the acronym ;-)

Epic :lol:

Got to remember that one!

On a side note, I know a chap who lives in a caravan, I can't call him a traveller as he's been in the same spot for the 20 years I've known him, I also know of another true Romany who visits the area every now and again, sets his knife sharpening kit up for a few weeks the buggers off, you'd never known he was there.

A world apart from the other so called gypsies who seem to do nothing more than drive new 4WD's. Reckon I must be missing a trick or ten.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • There's Travellers & there's ---- Travellers!
    My lot are English Romanies, they've no time for their Irish brethren, who they regard as being a bunch of thieves & drunkards! Their thoughts on "New Age Travellers" are even better!
    I'm glad to see that Frank would prefer to have a "toff" next door, than a thieving Mick!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • There's Travellers & there's ---- Travellers!
    My lot are English Romanies, they've no time for their Irish brethren, who they regard as being a bunch of thieves & drunkards! Their thoughts on "New Age Travellers" are even better!
    I'm glad to see that Frank would prefer to have a "toff" next door, than a thieving Mick!

That's not quite the way I worded it but I somehow feel I wouldn't be on my own in that (dare I say) camp. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    On a side note, I know a chap who lives in a caravan, I can't call him a traveller as he's been in the same spot for the 20 years I've known him, I also know of another true Romany who visits the area every now and again, sets his knife sharpening kit up for a few weeks the buggers off, you'd never known he was there.

A world apart from the other so called gypsies who seem to do nothing more than drive new 4WD's. Reckon I must be missing a trick or ten.

That's the problem though isn't it. If Big Fat Gypsey Wedding featured actual Romany Gypsies, it probably wouldn't get good viewing figures - what with the absence of fighting, trouble with the law, thieving, running dodgy scrap metal or tarmac businesses, illegally squatting on land and making a mess of it, having no taste whatsoever, going on about how everyone is prejudiced against them (as if anyone would mind that they expect all the benefits without paying for them.....), the hideous dresses and the complete absence of style, class, intelligence etc - all the things that make people watch the programme are exclusive to the Irish tinker brigade and their made up traditions - and they aren't gypsies.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    How can hating pikeys be 'racist'? They are white, northern europeans, same as us. What they are is locusts, they descend on communities, strip them, leave them barren then move on to the next victim. They have a poor excuse of a 'culture', marrying off young girls to abusive, drunk, violent louts, blaming society and the police for their woes but living off the back of them. Still at least they only seem to breed amoungst themselves.
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    I watched a bit of it, just to confirm how ridiculous it is.
    I particularly enjoyed the 16 yeor old who has been charged for assault 4/5 times - "just because he's a traveller."
    Funny how no other 16 year olds that get pissed in public and resort to a good old brawl get arrested hey?

Right at the start of the show his 15 year old "fiancee" (WTF) claims she has found herself a good man - spoilt for choice then I guess

Beats me how it gets on the box...