Car keys

Kamzter
Kamzter Posts: 191
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
You see the car you want, you see the car you fall in love with, purchase, collect, let down, what kind of key is that?
Love the car to bits (Honda Civic) but the key looks like its from the 80's !!
Show the car off, hide the keys !!
40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!

Comments

• balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    My car is from the '80s. It has a silver sticky out bit and a black roundy bit. It's a key. Am I missing something?
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    8eb2fab3-1e1e-44f1-926b-80e2e2631a5e.jpg
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • I think his point is that, old style keys are bulky and make holes in your pockets. Most new cars either have a card which you pop in a slot like a credit card, a proximity card which you don't even need to take out of your pocket, or getting rare now, a standard type key, but the metal bit folds inside the plastic bit.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Kamzter wrote:
    You see the car you want, you see the car you fall in love with, purchase, collect, let down, what kind of key is that?
    Love the car to bits (Honda Civic) but the key looks like its from the 80's !!
    Show the car off, hide the keys !!

Just throw them in the bowl, sure most of the guests at the party are far more interested in other things.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just buy a Ferrari key ring so people instantly know you're a d1ck and won't look at the key.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cwm
    cwm Posts: 177
    i wonder if i buy a little c1 will the key be smaller than my astras?
    now sharing my plods on
    http://www.strava.com/athletes/cwm
  • Kamzter
    My point is, I went for a sexy lil Civic but cannot say the same for the key plus the alarm, central locking buttons are on a seperate fob !!
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Kamzter wrote:
    My point is, I went for a sexy lil Civic but cannot say the same for the key plus the alarm, central locking buttons are on a seperate fob !!

Oh that's very Rover/MG, I'd reject on those grounds alone.

My house alarm has a remote key fob which is really convenient but having it on the same bunch as my hugh car key is a pain in the ass. I can see eyes roll each time I'm in Tesco and the mortal words "Do you have a clubcard" are uttered by Berol on checkout 4.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    You fell in love with a Civic? The type of key is the least of your worries! Great cars mechanically but surely not something you can fall in love with?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Pross wrote:
    You fell in love with a Civic? The type of key is the least of your worries! Great cars mechanically but surely not something you can fall in love with?

NO!!! I've not long ago got rid of that image from my mind.
  • Kamzter
    Pross wrote:

You aint seen the Mrs, gotta love sommit !!
  • Civic !!? V-tec kicked in Yo !!
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    A car is an appliance. Believing anything else is surrendering to the marketing conspiracy. Choose it on the basis of how well it carries family, luggage and bikes from one point to another
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er