Long time no ride

linsen
linsen Posts: 1,959
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Hello all

I am thinking of riding to work again sometime soon - only had 2 years off - time flies when you're having fun :-)

Hope you are all well, wonder who remembers me?

Lins x
Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I do.

Glad to have you back.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Me too!

and

Me too! :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    i do :)
  • So is the back all healed up and raring to go?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    WHOOO HOOO!

Very rarely does a post make me smile so!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Me. Yay.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Me as well! I remember posting a few words of encouragement on one of your threads...erm...or was it lewd comments, I can't quite remember :?
  • So what have you missed?

Well, some of us have got new bikes (or children), but we aren't sure what lights or tyres or pushchairs to use, and helmets save your life (possibly), and it's bad to jump red lights (unless you are in a hurry and nobody is about perhaps), and some drivers (and other cyclists) aren't very good, and you can film stuff with video cameras, and rucksacks make your back sweaty, and campag is better than shimano (or vice versa), and squirrels are nature's speed humps?!? and Jeremy Clarkson is a knob, and there was this receptionist - no never mind, and it's all Wiggle's fault....

.. I'm sure someone else can fill in the bits I've missed
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Lovely to see you on here again!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Welcome back, you were missed.

Note to self: must take more careful aim.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • She's BACK (see what I did there?)!

So, is it healed? Gory details please.

PS: welcome back.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    Well the back is getting there. If someone had told me it'd take two years I'd have laughed/slit my wrists, but I am now raring to go. Target of IOW in the summer, but I'm also looking forward to commuting by bike again, and generally dressing stupidly and whizzing down hills. I have battled quite a few personal demons these last two years and now hills feel trivial. (I'm slow, mind)
    Greg66 - the back is well and truly fcuked, but riding my bike is one of the few things I can do. Can't feel my left leg, or my feet very well but gives me a great advantage on cold floors.
    My children turned teenage, I got divorced, and I have never felt happier than I feel right now.
    Bring
    It
    On.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Welcome back - officially not commuting any more but still hanging around - mainly to show DDD that retirement is not the same as death
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    linsen wrote:
    Well the back is getting there. If someone had told me it'd take two years I'd have laughed/slit my wrists, but I am now raring to go. Target of IOW in the summer, but I'm also looking forward to commuting by bike again, and generally dressing stupidly and whizzing down hills. I have battled quite a few personal demons these last two years and now hills feel trivial. (I'm slow, mind)
    Greg66 - the back is well and truly fcuked, but riding my bike is one of the few things I can do. Can't feel my left leg, or my feet very well but gives me a great advantage on cold floors.
    My children turned teenage, I got divorced, and I have never felt happier than I feel right now.
    Bring
    It
    On.
    Let me know if you fancy some company for that- or any other social pootling in our mutual vicinity. I can do slow. Sometimes intentionally! (I was slow today but I'm blaming the wind....) :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hurrah!

Welcome back, young lady.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,946
    Goodness me, I remember you too - welcome back!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Hello, you left just as I started, I was wincing at your troubles, glad you're on the up.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Don't you owe me a £10 ...?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • linsen
    I'm sure you owe me dinner - let's get together and sort it ;-)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Schoen, dass Du wieder da bist.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Next time.we go dogging I'll choose the spot ;-)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • linsen
    Schön, das du jetzt Deutsch sprichst :-)
    ITB I'm all yours for some dogging :-)