Stupid Question...

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited February 2012 in Amateur race
Probably a stupid question but...

I am not currently a member of a club, so would NOT think about bunch racing, however I want to compete in the Hill Climb Season in October, question is would i need to be a member of a club to do this, or could I compete independantly, like for a local 10? And would i need a licence?

Cheers in advance, and sorry if i'm being thick... :)

Comments

• SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    You will need to be a member of a CTT affliated club to take part in open hill climbs. Even your evening 10's you should be a member of a club, unless they are all run as Come and Try It events.
  • xixang
    xixang Posts: 235
    do ctt not have private members any more? long time since i did any open tt events
  • dont think CTT have private members anymore. never heard of that one lol. saying that. ive only done one open :D

doing more this year :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    You can become a temporary member of the HQ club, but that is purely a temp measure until you join an affliated club. I would say just join a club in the first place though, there are benefits from having club members with knowledge of the sport around you.
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    SBezza wrote:
    You can become a temporary member of the HQ club, but that is purely a temp measure until you join an affliated club. I would say just join a club in the first place though, there are benefits from having club members with knowledge of the sport around you.

Dont think thats the case any more, re HQ club...

An alternative is to register as a user on www.tritalk.co.uk, they are affiliated I believe, or join VTTA if you are an oldie...

Best thing is to join a club that organises a hill climb, and maybe help out as well as riding...
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    I am not currently a member of a club, so would NOT think about bunch racing,

you don't need to be a club member to road race...
  • Pseudonym wrote:
    I am not currently a member of a club, so would NOT think about bunch racing,

you don't need to be a club member to road race...

I know that, but I also know that most pile-ups are the result of riders who have little experience of bunch riding, putting other riders at risk, that's what i was getting at anyway, not the actual membership, but the experience that comes with it.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    fair enough - but I wouldn't get too hung up on the 'pile-up' thing. Crashes happen at all levels of racing - and if you line up, you have to accept that it may happen. I certainly wouldn't put them all down to 'inexperience' though, not by a long shot...